Yaaay for us!!

SarahH

Reaction score
I'm soooooo chuffed with myself and Arianna....

As some of you will know by reading some of my posts I have had to express my milk as Arianna would not latch on no matter what we tried. A bit of an pain but I was starting to get used to it....

well I just had a bath and when I came out she started sucking on my towel so thought I'd give it another bash and yaaayyyy success - she took a 30min feed!! :clap: :dance: :clap:

Obviously it is just one feed but fingers crossed this is the start of it!!

I was at the doctors yesterday with her and was told she had reflux and was given gaviscon for mixing in with the milk. The doctor thought that the reflux might cause the problem of not latching on (he actually adviced to try formula if she wasn't any better in 2wks). So maybe the gaviscon has worked it's magic already. It's defo helped her tummy as she usually only takes a 2oz feed, anything more and she throws up (projectile!) but she has had 3 feeds today of between 3 and 4oz and no sickness!! :dance:

Woohoo!! Please all pray that she will take from the boob as I have felt a bit poo and disheartend failing the breast feeding.

S. xx

That's really wonderful news Sarah! :cheer:
I hope it falls into place now and then there will be no looking back! You're doing so well!
:wink:
Good luck.

Emilia xx

awww that is absolutly brill hun im so happy for u and hope she carrys on

Well done you two!

If you can keep her on the breast rather than switching to formula it will be better for her reflux. Breast milk is thinner and passes through the body quicker, thereby minimising the chance of it staying in the stomach and being brought back up again. The sucking action at the breast is also slightly different from bottle feeding and is more beneficial for reflux for some reason.

Good luck!

Aw That is EXCELLENT news!

Well done, she's bound to get the hang of it now... :cheer:

:clap: :clap: Well done Arianna and well done you too!!

I would keep offering her the breast , her taking a 30 min feed is a really good start.

So pleased things have improved on the bf front

Lucy x

Thank you!!

Teehee!! She had another feed but only 15min - still better than none tho!

S. xx

Thanks excellent news sweetie! Are you still going to stil with the Gaiscon or give it a go without first? xxx

I'm still going with the gavescon... but it says to mix the powder with water for bf babies?!?!? I think I might just mix it with some of my expressed milk

S. xx

You can mix it with either hun, then offer it to her from a spoon or from a little syringe if you have one (I get mine from the chemist for Damien's meds). xx

Posted on the other thread but just wanted to say congrats on here aswell :D

I'm so so so so so pleased for you! Well done for perservering :dance: :hug:

YEY well done.

I am really pleased for you, that Reflux sounds horrible for the poor little ones.

You will not be able to stop her now, you will have a baby hanging off your boob all day and she will be a little chunk! hehe xxxxx

Hi

Thats great news hun hope she keeps it up for you
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94