Sick when feeding.

l_maclean

Reaction score
Bit of background - thought G had mild reflux so got gaviscon.

But the couple of days she had it, we had a lot of "sore" crying that we couldn't figure out, so stopped the gaviscon and it seems to have stopped.

But w couple of times she's been sick in the middle of a feed (I'm bf'ing)

I initially thought it was cos she'd had to much, but she's just done it then wouldn't settle, so is now back on boob., - could it be reflux or wind??

She's quiet when she does it and not distressed? How do I know if shes over full or still hungry??

Xxx

Thanks, she doesn't seem bothered by it, I just dunno what to do about it.

Gaviscon makes them constipated, that'll be what it is. Try cooled down boiled water

xxxx

With both my girls if I didnt wind regularly even when bfing they would be sick. Might be worth trying to wind halfway through feed or every five mind to see if that helps. Or it could be that the milk is too fast so lo is gulping too quickly and making sick. In which case you could express for couple offend before feed

It could be the flow is really fast too, Kynon has done it a few times and its come out of his nose a few times lately!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Chloe became constipated when she first had gaviscon. Could that be the pain she was having? If so an ounce of cooled boiled water did the trick for us. Otherwise not sure what it may be.

Does she arch her back and/or pull away crying when feeding?

Xxx

Thanks everyone. She's. It been arching her back as much recently. Don't think she's constipated just now, but it was a bit thicker when we were using the gaviscon.

Guess it could be fast flow cos sometimes it sounds like she's really gulping. Xxx
Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back