xxBeckyxx

KatieB

Reaction score
Isn't today your sweep? Let us know how it goes, my mw has booked me in for one tomorrow and would like to know (honestly!) what to expect! Hope all is ok and it goes well and bubs makes and appearance before weekend xx

It is today yep, not till 4pm though so gotta try and keep my mind off it, bit nervous lol! Will let you know how it goes :) x

Well sweep was absolutely fine, was a different midwife which was nice in a way cos I've got to know my usual one and I see her out and about so didn't really want her poking up there lol! She told me I was nice and relaxed so she found my cervix easily, but unfortunately it's quite high and still 'long'. However it is nice and soft (so the prostaglandin from all the sex has done it's job!), so she was able to get her finger in and stretch it a bit. She even felt baby's head which is a bit weird to think about!!! The sweep itself just felt like if you have sex in a really 'deep' position with someone with a willy too big (haha!) - just a bit uncomfy :)
Haven't had any cramps or anything yet though so don't know if it's worked.
She tried to book my induction but hospital is full Tuesday. They asked me to come tomorrow and I was like NO WAY! I'm hanging on for the full 14 days lol! So they are gonna ring me before Tuesday if they get a cancellation.

Ahh that's a relief thn that it wasn't too bad! Hope it does something for you, tha is wired to think she can feel babys head, if you think about it it's only a few inches away from being out in the world! And yet we have to go through all that drama just to get it out ! X

aww really hope that has started stuff for you hun! :) x

I had my sweep this afternoon and the midwife said about feeling the baby's head too! *weird* :)

Hope it does set things off for you. I've had nothing but a bit of brown spotting, but just ordered a hot curry (hope I can eat it, can usually manage a medium ok), and have primed the OH that we're having an early night ;)

Hope the sweep starts something off for you Becky

Fingers crossed for you Becky and I'll try to relax as I think of your big willy description! Xx

Nothing yet! Apparently if a sweep is likely to do anything then it would happen in the 24 hours after, so I guess that's that! Booked in for induction tuesday at 9 :(

My midwife said 24-48 hours, so maybe there's still hope for both of us?! Really hope so x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back