How quickly do sweeps take to work?

ForestLas80

Reaction score
Ok so if baby Davies doesn't make an appearance by Monday I have a sweep booked for 9.30 that morning :) my DH doesn't know if he should go to work or take the day off just in case....he could get home within 45 mins of me calling him so I think maybe he goes to work and we see what happens? It might not work and no need for him to be off work if not (self-employed). What do u reckon ladies? If u have had a sweep that worked how long did it take til things kicked off?

For some it can work straight away and for others it may not actually do anything at all. Think it is different for everyone Hun.xx

If he can get to you in 45 mins I would say let him go to work Hun xx

If it's going to work you will know within 48 hours, if he can get back that quick I'd say he could go to work xx

My mw said that for some women sweeps will work but for others it'll have no effect so I'd say he'd be fine to go to work x x x

Thanks ladies, that's what I thought. TBH it would probs be easier for me if he wasn't here as I know he'd be desperately hoping it works and watching me with baited breath! No pressure or anything! He's so excited now!

My first sweep didn't work. The second, I got sweep at 2pm, waters broke at 9pm. They say if it doesn't work within 48 hours that it's not worked.

My first sweep didn't work. The second, I got sweep at 2pm, waters broke at 9pm. They say if it doesn't work within 48 hours that it's not worked.

Thanks for the info Emma, reckon I'll ship Hubbie off to work as normal then. :)

Scary! I think I'm having a second sweep this morning :shock: first one last week done nothing xx

I had my first sweep this morning at 10am, got another in 48 hours if nothing happens, so far lots of movements but nothing really progressing.

Good luck for your sweeps. I also got very upset after my second sweep cos they said it probably wouldn't work. I was so desperate to go into labour that I got upset and stressed that it hadn't worked so I reckon stress also contributed to it lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back