Got my 2nd Sweep today.

pie&twink

Reaction score
Hello Ladies,

Well i'm sick of all this 'is it? - isn't it?' malarki, been having bad pains all night & some bloody discharge again :puke:.

I've got my 2nd sweep with the MW today, had one on Wednesday & was 2cm dialated :dance: , so fingers crossed i'll be dialated a bit more & things are progressing nicely :pray: .

I'll let you know how it goes!

Ps: Hoping things are moving for you Fly & you get your sweep today! :hug:

best of luck Ruth am thinking of you lots darlin :hug: little update from me is that i had another massive show last night followed by dribs n drabs of the rest of it all through the night.. was havin irregular but frequent contractions from half 10 when i started timing after the big show through til 1am.. had a fantastic night's sleep and have woken up thinking that today would be a bloody excellent day to have a baby :D Ruth I really hope your second sweep gets goin for you honey - we gonna phone hospital laters to see but i think they gonna say no point me havin a sweep cos my body seems to be doin it now on its own - i'd like them to do an internal and check me over though so we'll see - will phone them in a bit :wink: mahoooooosive amounts of luck to you lady - we still neck n neck :cheer: :hug: :hug: :hug: x xx X xx x

Good luck to the both of you :hug: :hug: Woudnt it be great if you have your babies today!!! Both of you!?! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

MW just rang she's coming late morning, i'm such a jibbering wreck today, can't stop crying. By the time she gets here i'll just collapse into her arms I think. :cry: My emotions are so up & down. :wall:

pie&twink said:
MW just rang she's coming late morning, i'm such a jibbering wreck today, can't stop crying. By the time she gets here i'll just collapse into her arms I think. :cry: My emotions are so up & down. :wall:
Oooh that is such a good sign hun!!! I think baby is definitely on her way!! :cheer:

lea m said:
[quote="pie&twink":387h5r75]MW just rang she's coming late morning, i'm such a jibbering wreck today, can't stop crying. By the time she gets here i'll just collapse into her arms I think. :cry: My emotions are so up & down. :wall:
Oooh that is such a good sign hun!!! I think baby is definitely on her way!! :cheer:[/quote:387h5r75]

pie&twink said:
[quote="lea m":3ir8rw13][quote="pie&twink":3ir8rw13]MW just rang she's coming late morning, i'm such a jibbering wreck today, can't stop crying. By the time she gets here i'll just collapse into her arms I think. :cry: My emotions are so up & down. :wall:
Oooh that is such a good sign hun!!! I think baby is definitely on her way!! :cheer:[/quote:3ir8rw13]

Thanks :lol: , at least you've made me smile . :hug:[/quote:3ir8rw13]
:hug: :hug: :hug: Well thats good! Smilings good!! :D

Good luck and hope this is it for the both of you. :hug:

pie&twink said:
:hug: :hug: :hug: i just got back from the hospital - they couldn't do a sweep cos cervix has still gotta open up a bit - gotta go back monday if no signs over the weekend - lost even more plug though after she'd furkled about :shock: :lol: we just popped home briefly and then we goin for a walk into town :)

Big hugs Ruth got everything crossed for you lovely lady :hug: :hug: :hug: x x x x x

Fly said:
pie&twink said:
:hug: :hug: :hug: i just got back from the hospital - they couldn't do a sweep cos cervix has still gotta open up a bit - gotta go back monday if no signs over the weekend - lost even more plug though after she'd furkled about :shock: :lol: we just popped home briefly and then we goin for a walk into town :)

Big hugs Ruth got everything crossed for you lovely lady :hug: :hug: :hug: x x x x x

Thanks Sarah. x

MW has just been, i'm 3cm's dialated now :dance: & cervix is soft & effaced (??) think this mean thinned out :oops: . She said she could feel my waters 'bulging' & she pulled aload more bloody Plug away :puke: (sorry TMI). Urine & BP all good. She gave my cervix a good ol' stretch. She said she could feel babies head bobbing there.

She doesn't think it will be long so feeling a bit happier & positive now :D
I'm off to bounce on my ball to celebrate!! :cheer:

pie&twink said:
MW has just been, i'm 3cm's dialated now :dance: & cervix is soft & effaced (??) think this mean thinned out :oops: . She said she could feel my waters 'bulging' & she pulled aload more bloody Plug away :puke: (sorry TMI). Urine & BP all good. She gave my cervix a good ol' stretch. She said she could feel babies head bobbing there.

She doesn't think it will be long so feeling a bit happier & positive now :D
I'm off to bounce on my ball to celebrate!! :cheer:

ahhhhh thats the best news i've heard all day mate :D :D :D :D :D well done you!!!!! :hug: :hug: :hug: now come on little baby we wanna meet you now!!! hope it all goes really well Ruth and you have a beautiful birthing lovely - loadsa love n hugs x x x x x x

WhoooohooooOOoooo!! good luck hunny i will be watching out for your labour thread! sounds like things are on the move for you! :cheer: i hear alot of ladies get super emotional right just before they have their baby must be a great sign ;) keep your chin up and get ready and exited to meet your little bundle :hug: :hug:

PS HUGE ammounts of **labour dust** to all the overdue ladies !!xxx

Goodluck it wont be long for you now

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back