WTT February 2016

Little_Pip

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new and thought I'd introduce myself.

We've never particularly wanted children but one day, we made the decision to and I'm now slightly obsessed! Eek

We've put the baby thing off for a while due to work, house, money, responsibility bit but we've decided that any time is really not all that bad. It happens when it happens. The bad news is I'm a contractor and I expect my contact to end in April 2017 so to avoid having no job/maternity leave etc., we would ideally like to conceive in February and give birth in November. I know! It sounds crazy and there's not a lot of room for error(would be very lucky to conceive after just one try). I suppose we could technically start this month but because we only decided in December, I've only just gone for a blood test (to check my immunity etc. Depending on the results, I may need to get vaccinated) so it's all a bit too soon.

Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone is in the same boat as I am (waiting to try -February 2016). It would be great if we could share our stories. Thanks!

Hi, hopefully I'll be with you... but not sure yet as I'm coming off the depo, so it all depends on whether my period returns in time or not.

I'd love to hear how you get on though

Hi Donna,

Hope yours arrive faster!

I'm still getting used to the idea; I'm quite shocked at how excited we are as we never really cared much about having babies. Pleased to know that I'm normal though haha

I think that's quite normal to be honest, probably more normal than most people are... the fact that you aren't excited until you've decided your in the right place to be having them yourself :)

Hello! We're going to start TTC in the coming weeks... no particular date in mind just we're just working up to it lol! Feels a big step even though it's likely to take a while. 😊

Hi,

I'm new and thought I'd introduce myself.

We've never particularly wanted children but one day, we made the decision to and I'm now slightly obsessed! Eek

We've put the baby thing off for a while due to work, house, money, responsibility bit but we've decided that any time is really not all that bad. It happens when it happens. The bad news is I'm a contractor and I expect my contact to end in April 2017 so to avoid having no job/maternity leave etc., we would ideally like to conceive in February and give birth in November. I know! It sounds crazy and there's not a lot of room for error(would be very lucky to conceive after just one try). I suppose we could technically start this month but because we only decided in December, I've only just gone for a blood test (to check my immunity etc. Depending on the results, I may need to get vaccinated) so it's all a bit too soon.

Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone is in the same boat as I am (waiting to try -February 2016). It would be great if we could share our stories. Thanks!

Nice to meet you too Sweet Pea.

I got my blood test results today and I ended up having sufficient antibodies for measles so I don't need a vaccination and we can start immediately. Only thing is, I've only just started taking folic acid supplements 15 days ago. I wonder if that's a big deal and if I should wait (recommendation is at least 1 month before conceiving).

I haven't done an ovulation test but it should be around now. Still, I doubt most people succeed the very first round. ..

Work wise, it is very uncertain but the thing is, it's pretty much always uncertain. Everyone can get fired or let go anytime, nothing is certain in life, isn't it?

Nice to meet you too Sweet Pea.

I got my blood test results today and I ended up having sufficient antibodies for measles so I don't need a vaccination and we can start immediately. Only thing is, I've only just started taking folic acid supplements 15 days ago. I wonder if that's a big deal and if I should wait (recommendation is at least 1 month before conceiving).

I haven't done an ovulation test but it should be around now. Still, I doubt most people succeed the very first round. ..

Work wise, it is very uncertain but the thing is, it's pretty much always uncertain. Everyone can get fired or let go anytime, nothing is certain in life, isn't it?

I think that's true. Even with a full time permanent contract you could still be made redundant, nothings ever that certain with jobs these days...

I read about the recommended antibody test on the NHS site but can see my antibody result was included on an occ health test a few years ago and was ok so that's one less thing to worry about. As for the folic acid I've read a few places that it's good to take for 3 months before TTC?! NHS site doesn't say that thought just says take daily once TTC. So I'm not too worried...

Last edited:
You probably won't have to get a vaccination against rubella, Sweet Pea. I did it add a precautionary measure as I grew up in a few countries so I don't have most of my medical records.

Yesterday was supposed to be my first ovulation date but DH was out helping a friend with some renovations. I suppose it was inevitable but I was so annoyed when he came home and told me he's had 2 beers as well. I just thin it's do unfair that I have to stop drinking coffee and wine plus eat so much effing lentils (folic acid) while he still gets his beers, coffee whatever. Anyway, so I don't think this month is going to work out for us after all.

We are TTC baby #3, with both of my boys we caught on the 2nd cycle so we were extremely lucky! Best of luck, it can happen!

We are starting to try in February - all depends on how things go from my cool removal!

How exciting!

We've decided not to TTC for a while. I was promoted rather suddenly so will need to focus on that. Also, it would be better if we could save more money.

Im slightly bummed but I also know it's the smart thing to do. DH is quite upset but he knows I earn too much to be a SAHM(wouldn't mind being one for a year or two but don't think we can afford that!). Modern family problems...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back