WTT and concerned about budgeting

bgirl26

Reaction score
Hello! I have been reading over everything on Pregnancy Forum for 2 days now. I never realized that other couples could have very similar problems as me and my DH. I have posted on here about PCOS concerns and got some great feed back. But I do have some questions? My DH and I currently do not own our home (we rent) but we are looking for our perfect home. We already have plans and funds in place for a house but he is so concerned that there won't be any left to have a baby. He doesn't know yet that I have recently been told that I may have PCOS. I understand the financial concerns but is it hiding or stealing if I try to buy a few things here and there? I mean, I could start buying clothes, toys, books, maybe even good deals on strollers, car seats ect....? I don't want him to feel as if I am pressuring him more by buying baby items. But that could relieve the pressure of trying to buy them all at once? Any advice you can give me would be helpful!

Hi,
Firstly yay for wtt! Very exciting :)
When it comes to buying things, the odd bit here and there won't hurt (personally I'd definitely tell me OH though) but a lot of things aren't needed for some time after a LO arrives, books and toys etc can wait and lots of people will buy you gifts. When you do get pregnant you get a lot of vouchers from lots if companies for bigger things and so you can make really huge savings further down the line on furniture, prams, larger accessories, even monitors etc.
but it definitely couldn't hurt to make a list perhaps of things you will need (the proper basics, and maybe a list for things you'd ideally love to have ) and maybe a time frame you'd need them in once you get pregnant. If you google lists for labour bags and lists for newborn nurseries you get a great idea of the essentials, I found those lists a lifesaver when I was pregnant with my daughter.
Good luck :) xxx

Last edited:
Personally I would wait! I obviously don't know your situation with regards to family etc, but my parents wanted to buy a few things, so saved us quite a bit of money. Also clothes, we got so many as gifts a lot wasn't worn, and this is one of the things you can pick up really cheap on ebay/2nd hand shops etc. My friend told me she goes to the charity shop in the next town - very posh several million pound houses - and comes away with some absolute bargains!! Also having had 2 babies, and waiting on a 3rd, you don't actually need to buy that much! Most of my stuff is still brand new even after 2 children have used it!

If you and your OH are going to have a baby, he needs to be told the truth, and you shouldn't have to hide things from him x

I'm going to tell you, as someone else who also has PCOS, I would wait to buy stuff. I say that because if you buy stuff now and you miscarry, anything you keep will bring you down. Technically it's okay to buy stuff, but I would honestly wait or start a savings account for it. I've had PCOS for 14 years and I have had 2 pregnancies and 1 kiddo.

I have a little savings kitty that I put money into whenever I can. I've got over £500 in it now! I try to save £20 per month plus whatever else I can afford. Sometimes I put an extra £2 in and sometimes I take money out! But when my next little bundle is cooking, I won't have to worry about the little bits and bobs as I have the money there already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back