WOULD YOU STAY AN EXTRA NITE IN HOSPITAL?

hayley

Reaction score
how long would you stay in hospital ifyou had the choice? going in tonght to be induced - hoping the labour isn't oo long and i have baby by tomorrow morning... if this is the case would you come home sat afternoon or stay an extra nite? i think as this is my first i'll be much more reaxed if i'm at home without MW watching over me.. but then i've never changed a nappy, fed a baby, winded etc.. everyone thinks i should stay as long as possible at the hospital but will the MW's be watching over me and making me more nervous?

x

Realistically you probley wont have baby by the morning if you are being induced? (you will prove me wrong now!!!)
it all depends i guess, if you end up having a section then you will have to be in for a few days but hopefully things will all go well and you can come home asap!
for me personally i couldnt wait to get home i hated it in the hospital!! although some people are the other way around and prefer to be in the hospital for as long as poss!
i would say its totally up to you, see how it goes and see how you feel and if you rather be at home then come home! :)

Good luck hun, hope it all goes ,will be looking out for your announcment!

xxx

i liked staying in hospital cos its just about you and the baby then :) when i got back home i had the house to sort aswell and lots more visitors. I liked the meals at my hospital too, we got to pick from a little menu each day! i had eva on tues afternoon and came home on the friday night tee hee xx

i hated every minute of it and went home as soon as i could after my section!

I wanted to be out ASAP. Because I had Ella at 2am I saw the paediatrician early the same morning and could go. If I'd had her late afternoon/early evening I probably would have had to stay in that night.

If you do come home quickly make sure you rest up at home and don't worry about anything that needs doing or visitors (keep them away for a bit, they'll tire you out more than you can imagine!). :hug:

they asked me if i was ready to go home 5hrs after having harley i asked if i could stay a extra 3days lol. its great just me a bed and my baby... lots of munchies and visitors give my mum my dirty washin in a bag loved it. but then comin home i had house wrk to do bottles to make washing ironing.. ohhhh I want another baby :shhh:

I wanted to go home as soon as possible but coz Nathan was born 5 weeks early and wasnt feeding properly I had to stay in for 5 days

If you've got good MWs on call for you at home get out as soon as you can. It was the biggest mistake I made staying in as I had no sleep due to other screaming babies and they totally messed up my attempts to breastfeed by giving me conflicting advice whereas when I got home the MWs were great and I was more relaxed. If you can get home in my opinion. Good luck hun!

+++

I had Rubie at 4am Christmas morning and was out boxing afternoon (even with complications). I soooooo wish I had stayed in longer, I felt like absolute shite when I got home and wanted to go back!!

Out as soon as poss...had Rebecca on Fri, was out sat morning! Couldnt stand it, but maybe 2nd time round Id stay in longer, so OH can look after Rebecca for me, and I get peace with the new baby!

I just didnt like being watched, I felt so lonely and isolated! :cry:

wow it really seems like everyone is totally different on this!

i personnally wanted to be out asap as i hate being apart from Dh esp when we had just been through such an amazing experience together. i couldnt wait to get home and start our life as a family.

i had alex at 9.16pm after 21 hours of labour and didnt get back to the ward till about 2am the next day. was looking forward to some sleep as having gone into labour at 11.50pm the day before (had just gone to bed when waters went) i hadnt slept in about 37hrs. sleep :shock: hah! that was a joke - all the babies kept setting each other off, i'd just settle alex and another one would start and wake him up. plus soeone was snoring, it was about a million degrees in there and my epidural was wearing off about the time the babies started to be quiet so i couldnt sleep then anyway as my bits were in agony :oops: :lol:

got home by 5pm the day after i had him .

so i'd say go home asap but see how you feel!

xxxxxxxxxxx

I hated being in hospital so much. I felt I couldn't relax at all - I just wanted to be home in familiar surroundings where I felt more comfortable. They wanted me to stay in an extra day but I came out the day after Lydia was born.

definatly out of there asap for me!

with kurt i had him at 2pm and was at home by 6pm the same day :shock: have to admit though that was way to soon for me being my first and only being 17 id never really had a lot to do with babies and didnt have a clue what to do i was petrified to bath him and was taking him to my mums every day for the first month to get her to bath him for me!

with beth i had her at 8.50pm was out the next morning - which was too long for me :lol:

with rubie had her at 6pm was out lunchtime the next day had there not have been increased levels of fluids they would have let me home straight after having her (which was what i wanted) but they wanted to keep an eye on her to make sure everything was ok.

Hi

KNow this is too late now but i would stay the leats amount of dfays i could not sleep in the beds there ands no one really helped me out anyways plus the food sucks haha
Katrina

I had hassan at 4pm and was home by 9pm and was sooooo glad to leave the hospital - it was nice as I had my mum and hubby to look after me when i got home (i might sound snobbish but i really hate public/hospital loos :roll: )

I'm late posting this too!

IF (and thats a bit IF!!!) I was going to do it again I would definatley stay in for another day or so. I didnt realise but (well this is how it went with Heidi) cos she was born at 3.15am we didnt get down to the ward till about 4.45 so most of the night had already gone. (took them an hour to stitch me up! :shock: ) - Anyway - of course she slept right through and didnt wake until about 7 for a feed!

So I was sat there looking at her thinking "what is everyone on about? this is WELL easy" :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: - the first night at home soon put pay to that!!!! - the health visitor told me is because at first they have enough energy stores to begin with, so the night we had her home she screamed the place down every 1-2 hours (I shudder to think of those first few weeks lol

L x

you should see how you feel at the time, i came home 6 hours after i had hayden and i think it was all a bit too much. the shock of him coming out so quick and everything, i was feeling really ill after 5 days of trying to pretend i was fine and get on with it i fainted on my midwife and got admitted back into hospital i had to be given blood and then anti biotics coz i had an infection. because of all that i had to be away from my baby and stop breastfeeding.....so my advice: dont leave until you are ready and feel ok!!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back