Would you buy a pump second hand?

Tigger87

Reaction score
First time mum here with limited experience! I want to buy a medela swing on recommendation from my mum, they're £100 brand new, about £45 second hand on eBay.

We're on a budget but we could afford new if that was the best choice - is it worth getting them second hand or is that too yucky?

And what else do I need to buy, sterilisation wise?

I don't even plan on feeding expressed milk that much, I just prefer the idea of an electric, I can hopefully build up some extra "just in case" stores then.

Also, if second hand are actually ok, I can sell it on after! I'm trying to get the "big" costs out of the way before my wages go down on maternity leave, so that I don't notice the dent to the savings after if that makes sense :)

Second hand is fine, I've brought second hand and sold on again when I've finish, never had a electric one mine . Second time around bottles are fine too but I always buy new teats and dummy's though .Good luck hun. xx

You can borrow pumps while in the hospital so second hand is fine. I will say that I have seen Tesco reduce the Medula pumps to half price. It's not often and I haven't seen it recently (I haven't looked though) but it's worth a look x

I've had a second hand one. As long as you clean it and sterilise it before you use it.. We had a bottle steriliser for ours though hardly used it. It was quite expensive but we bought it with vouchers we were given for our wedding. Good luck xx

I bought a second hand one :) washed and sterilised all good :)

Sent from my new shiny iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a second merely swing and it was fine- I just washed all the bits that came off in hot soapy water then sterilised them xx

i bought a 2nd hand electric one off ebay, sterilised it in a tub of milton after i got it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back