Would it be bad...

Lou12

Reaction score
... if we called our baby Harvey if his surname will be Nicholls?

Don't know whether it's a boy yet so the point may be moot. We do have other names, but I really like the name Harvey - but don't really want him to be associated with the shop lol. He would have a middle name... so it would be Harvey *blank* Nicholls...

Hi

I like the name Harvey! - and with a middle name to break it up I think it would be fine - got for it x

I'm not so sure..... I'd be inclined not to to be honest. Harvey is a lovely name but coupled with the surname it may be a bit much?? Sorry x

I'm not so sure..... I'd be inclined not to to be honest. Harvey is a lovely name but coupled with the surname it may be a bit much?? Sorry x

I kind of agree - sorry!!

xxxxxxxx

I kind of agree - sorry!!

xxxxxxxx

Hehe, no you're both right - I guess I was hoping you'd say I was over thinking it. Damned OH and his surname :D

Thanks all :) xxxxx

Aww I'm torn I love the name but how often do u use a middle name to break it up. Really like it but I'd be inclined not to due to the shop sorry Hun :(

I'm biased as my ds is harvey and he is Harvey smith and I've had a few questions as to whether we named him after the show jumper (I'm a horsey person) but we didn't it's a family name along with his middle name.

i actually think it sounds nice, shame theres a shop with the same name but atleast its a good shop! i like it :p

It's a good shop though haha! I bet there's a fair few John Lewis's roaming the earth!xx

A friend of mine is called John Lewis and growing up we didn't think anything of it as our John Lewis (the shop) was called Bainbridges...it only changed to John Lewis in later years. It must be strange for new people that meet him though.

I'd probably not use the name Harvey tbh...it's a shame though if you really like it.

I probably wouldn't! I am a teacher though, and so naming my children was really hard, because I am petrified that I will give them a label that they can't escape and will be teased for. I even put initials into google to check for any nasty acronyms!

I love the name but iv never heard of the shop :/ I obviously don't do enough shopping :) xxx

I agree , may be best not to use it with your surname, which is a shame.
I have Jones, so had to avoid India, Bridget and actually my all time fav name Aled!! Which I was gutted about

I think it's totally up to you people will get use to it & iv personally nowere heard of the shop x

I agree , may be best not to use it with your surname, which is a shame.
I have Jones, so had to avoid India, Bridget and actually my all time fav name Aled!! Which I was gutted about

I'm a Jones too and I love Grace for a girl's name! Although most children won't have any idea who she is, their parents will unfortunately so best to avoid it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back