dont know what to do!

MrsH_

Reaction score
me and my oh were agreed on only one name if we have a boy
which is George first name and the surname will be Harvey but unfortunatley we googled the name and found out the murderer man from the lovely bones book and film is called george harvey
i dont know if im being silly or not but now i feel like i cant have that name.. i know its only a fictional character but i personally wouldnt want that to happen if it was my name
what do you all think? i sort of need to decide cos i know its gonna take us ages to agree on a new name!
sorry for the rant

I wouldn't have even thought about the name being the name of a murderer. I think no matter what name you decide they'll always be something that reminds you of something :) Go with what you love and it doesn't matter what others think x

I didn't even know about the murderer. Have the name you like :) xx

Go for it hun keep the name, my son's name is henry and his surname king his name when read out as they do surname firstname will be king henry and we dont mind cuz at the end of the day hes a different person all together so he will be fine x x x

thanks girls il have to talk the bf round lol x

I've never even heard of the book/film?! Go for the name you want :) x

Ive heard the name of the film, but not seen it, hes not real, and so don't worry about it, I would continue to use it, have the name you want - its a lovely name, have a look on facebook under name search, bet lots of others have that name happily

My LO is George - I think (obviously) that it's a good strong name for a boy, nice and traditional.
I wouldnt worry about others with the same name - especially fictional characters - as the other shave said you will always find some association you dont like with any name!

my little boys initals are O J S and the first thing my bro in law said was ha ha did you realise he has the same initals as O J Simpson

we still kept the name x
if you like it then i dont think it matters xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back