worried....... updated after emergency scan

gypsy

Reaction score
I had a miscarriage last year and have just been to the toilet and wiped and I have brown discharge/bleeding.
i don;t know what to do, who to phone etc as not sure if anything will be done with it being the weekend.
i am at home by myself as DH has gone out with the kids
What should I do? :cry:

Have you got a mw yet hun? If you have phone her or if you haven't phone your gp! Have you got any pain? Is it fresh blood or just browny? I had browny one when I had Aaron and it was fine but probably best to speak to your mw or gp. :pray: :hug:

It is brown, and I have got a midwife, just going to look on my notes for an out of hours number.....
Thank you for replying so quickly.

ok there is no out of hours number for my midwife. :|

I don't have any pain with it either, not sure whether to just ride it out and keep an eye on it today and see if it just stops or gets worse.......

Other women have posted in threads describing similar. It seems to happen to some getting this kind of discharge. We all naturally worry about it, its hard not to :hug:

I also had a bit of bleeding (blood not brown discharge) around that time but no pains or anything and my GP was lovely and said to just take it easy. Alas there was nothing he could do, but let nature take its course and chances are everything would be fine as I had no pains etc. He said if I developed bad pains or bled more heavily or for a long time to go back and they would refer me to the EPS for a scan.

I'd maybe see how it goes for a while, give it a bit of a chance to ease? Of course if you develop pains or bleed more heavily call NHS direct or your GP's service.

Its really what you feel comfortable with for yourself. I personally went with the putting my feet up, reading a book and resting option for a day and it passed within half that time. I think I preferred that to a visit to the hospital and all the worry that would have gone with it.

Have a few of these to keep you going :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hi babes.

I haven't had a mc but I did have brown discharge at 7 weeks and 8 weeks. I gave the epu a call and they were great. I was given a scan both times and they really put my mind at ease.

They never found any reason for this discharge, and seeminly it is something a lot of women get.

If you are in any pain please go to A & E, but I would recommend that you give your EPU a call for advice.

I'm sure eveything is ok but get yourself checked and let us know how you get on. xxx

I don't have a number on my pregnancy notes for EPU :cry:

just phone your local maternity unit or go to a&e hun :hug:

I had a similar thing too which lasted 5 days and all turned out ok they gave me an early scan. If you google your local hospital number and then ask to be put through to the EPU thats what i did. I rang them on a friday and i couldnt get a scan until the Monday as it was the weekend. Lots of people get this in the first tri so try not to worry. :hug: :hug:

Hi Gypsy,

I phoned the NHS Direct when I had my bleeding, and they advised me to wait until I got home (we were on our way back from holiday) and then call the emergency doctor. The doctor was really good and because it was quite late, set up an appointment for me the next day (which was a Saturday) and told me to call 999 if I got sudden pain or filled a pad in more than an hour!

Had a scan a few days later and sadly had m/c but I've read about a lot of women (and known some too) that have had discharge and a little bleeding, and everything was fine.

I'd say monitor it, and call the emergency doc if you're worried (if you call your surgery they'll have a number on the answering machine); if it gets really bad go to A&E

All the very best, hope everything is ok :hug:

Hi,

Just wanted to check how you are.

I am lucky that I work in the hospital so I knew the phone no for the EPU. Call the main switch board and ask to be put through to the EPU. Some EPU's even have their own scan machine so it's worth giving them a call.

Again I just want to put your mind at ease, that sometimes this happens and brown discharge usually means that it's old blood. As long as you are not in any pain or loosing loads of fresh red blood, you should be ok but please get medical advice.

Is your DH back at home with you for support? Feel free to PM me if I can help an any way. xxx

I have been told to wait till monday and then phone my gp :cry:

Just holding on to the fact that I am in no pain :pray: :pray:

Take care Gypsy, I really really hope this is going to be ok for you. :hug: It sounds positive that you haven't been immediately pointed in the direction of the emergency GP, or A&E - all the very best for Monday. :hug:

gypsy said:
I have been told to wait till monday and then phone my gp :cry:

Just holding on to the fact that I am in no pain :pray: :pray:

Honestly, try not to worry. I had this at 6,8,9,11 and 21 weeks and it was nothing at all. If it is brown blood it is more likely it is old and clearing out. I did have a fresh red bleed but that doesn't even mean it's terrible, although it feels like it is.

Read these:

http://mummy2be.wordpress.com/2007/07/1 ... cy-stress/
http://mummy2be.wordpress.com/2007/07/1 ... ance-scan/
http://mummy2be.wordpress.com/2007/08/0 ... ther-scan/
http://mummy2be.wordpress.com/2007/08/0 ... -birthday/
http://mummy2be.wordpress.com/page/4/

Feel free to read as much as you like - hopefully it will put your mind at rest a little. xxx

Hi

Is it possible you can spend the rest of the weekend just resting up and doing nothing. I had a major bleed with my daughter at 9 weeks and I was going through more than 1 heavy pad in an hour easily but my daughter made it and was born healthy. It may be that your placenta is laying low and a bit is coming away. You need to rest up but if it gets heavier then u need to go to a and e without a doubt.

Thank you for all your responses.
I hve been bleeding through out the night and am still losing now. It has changed colour but is still a brown rather than a bright red.
I have cried my eyes sore and I think I have convinced myself it is bad news.
I am going to be phoning the doctors first thing in the morning or should I phone the hospital?
We have a family xmas meal today and I am not sure whether I can get out of it or not.
Other than that I shall be in bed on the laptop

get yourself to a&e hun and see what they say if you go now it shouldnt be too busy

Awwwww :hug: :hug: :hug: I'm so sorry it has gotten worse. That is brown still and not red as others have said could be old blood clearing out. I know its hard not to think the worst, but hang in there :hug:

As you have been bleeding overnight and its continued this morning I'd go get yourself checked out and to see what might have happened. I'm not sure what they will be able to do, if anything, but at least it'll help you know one way or the other.

Thinking of you :hug: :hug:

It was a&e that have told me to wait until Monday then phone my own gp or EPU as they said they can't do anything

ring nhs direct hun, i had the same and they sent me straight to the doc on duty who did a scan there and then and i was only 6 weeks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back