Worried - Sad update

Kimberly

Reaction score
In week 5 I started to feel really sick. It was absoulutely miserable. I even missed work twice. I stopped taking my prenatal vitamin for two days because I thought that might be what was making me feel sick. It made me feel worse! Then last week I ran out of vitamins so I switched to pregnacare. I immediately started to feel better and I haven't had any pregancy symptoms since.
I've been on pregnacare for about a week now and I have had no morning sickness, no cramps, my breasts are not sore anymore, and I am no longer bloated. I feel like I did before I got pregnant. I'm hoping this is all due to the change of prenatal vitamins, but I'm really worried that something has gone wrong. I don't have my first scan until 9th July.

Do you think this is normal? Has this happened to anyone else?
Thanks for your help.

I haven't experienced this honey but just want to reassure you that every thing will be fine. You could just be one of the lucky ones that don't get very strong symptoms or morning sickness. There are some very lucky ladies out there that have a fantastic pregnancy, that look and feel great. xxx

Thanks for the reply. DH keeps saying its nothing, but it just seems strange how things suddenly changed. I think we are going to try and have a private scan this weekend to put my mind at ease.

Some books say that in weeks 9/10 your placenta has more of a role and this could be why the effect your hormones is having on you seems less.

Hey!
I remember posting on here when i was around the 9-10 week mark as my symptoms totally dissapeared, i checked with my gp who said that can happen to many people, and now im glad that i didnt suffer like some other people do! im now almost 29 weeks and ive gone pretty much symptom free!!! im sure alls fine!!
saffs xxxxxxxx

I was very similar. I felt sick all day every day and even at night for about 2 weeks then all of a sudden it stopped
and has never come back. I had a bit of a panic and thought something had gone wrong but both me and baby are doing fine.
I did have a private scan just to put my mind at ease, it was well worth it but check around for prices as they can vary loads.

Don't worry!!!! :D

I had exactly the same thing.

I had loads of symptoms from within a few days of getting pregnant and then around the 5-6 week stage they just completely stopped. I did not feel pregnant in the slightest. I was even more worried as I had a tiny amount of old blood and some pain so was sure things had gone wrong.

I rang my early pregnany unit and asked for a 7 week scan and had it today - during the wait my symptoms have come back and I now feel pretty dreadful (which is annoying but reassuring). The scan was fine today.

So certainly if you are worried go for a scan (personally I'd be tempted to save your money and contact your EPU like I did as it was very easy to get the scan). But I'm sure your symptoms will be back with avengance!!!

I was taking folic acid before i got my bfp and thought it was making me feel ill. Told dh I was stopping it as it made me feel pregnant!! Turns out i was but i felt instantly better when I swithched to Pregnacare. I too was worrying that something had happened and my scan was very reassuring. Guess pregnacare is just a better balance.. still no symptoms at 11 weeks- yay :clap:

Thanks everyone! I feel much better. I think we still might try to get a scan because DH is finding it hard to wait a few more weeks. He has been talking about getting a scan since I got my BFP! Thanks again.

I have days when I feel less sick than others, yesterday was a good day...today isn't so good. And on the days that I am not feeling sick I feel paniky that things are going wrong. But then the next day I feel awful again and that in a way makes me feel better.

The scan sort of confirms to a man that you are definately pregnant....(I suppose most men want more than just two pink/blue lines) Plus paying the money is well worth it. One you get a few photos and you get to see the look on your DH's face which is wonderful, then they become doting daddy's to be and just have to show everyone the photos. :cheer:

I had exactly the same, I felt sick as a dog for the first few weeks after I found out, I started taking folic acid as soon as possible, but then I decided the tablets where to big(I hate taking tablets) so I switched to Morrisons total pregnancy care tablets and since then I have had no symptoms, well no where near as bad as I had.
I even started a thread about no syptoms because I was worried, but after reading the above, I really thing it could be because I am on a all in one tablet.
:clap:
xx

Sal C...... did you not have to go through ur doctor to have a scan? ive had spotting and want to have scan to make sure nothing has gone wrong and hopefully put my mind at rest, as my last pg was a m/c... but if i can ring my EPUto get one then i will!

im sure everything is fine, i only ever had morning sickness twice. the first time it didnt even occur to me i might be pg, it was only when i noticed my breasts were a bit tender that i tested. shortly after this all my symptoms went and touch wood so far ive got off lightly

We've scheduled a scan for this Saturday. I can't believe how excited I am now that it is booked. I can't wait! I'll let you know how it goes. :pray:

Yeah all my symptoms eased off at around 9 weeks, I panic'd so much that I ended up having an emergency scan but all is fine :D ur one of the lucky ones!!

Hi,
This is really normal. I had bad sickness that disappeared for a week around 9/10 weeks. I was freaked out but it came back with a vengeance.
Try not to worry.
S

Good luck for the scan on saturday!!! :D

We expect to see pics!!!

I had my private scan today and they were not able to find a heartbeat. They did an external and internal. I should have been 10 weeks today, but the fetus measured at 8 weeks and 4 days. That was the exact time that my morning sickness eased up and the bloating went away. I've been feeling nauseous for the last several days, but she said that it was probably due to the hormones from the placenta. :cry:

I went to the EPU right after the scan and they have scheduled me to have another scan to confirm on Monday and then they will schedule me for theatre. They weren't going to do another scan, but I asked them to do one just in case. The more I think about it, I don't want to have another one, I thought I needed confirmation, but the dates make sense and I am sure that they won't find anything different.

I'm going though so many emotions and right now I am numb. I knew that this was too good to be true. We got pregnant the first time we tried and it was perfect timing for us. I go back and forth between wanting to try again as soon as its safe and thinking that I don't know if I could go through this again.

I just wanted to update you on my situation and thank the Forum for all of the wonderful support during my pregnancy. I also wanted to wish everyone happy healthy pregnancies. Thanks again.

So sorry to hear your news - I suffered the same at 10 weeks in April - there was no heartbeat even tho I'd had no bleeding or anything.

It's heartbreaking I know - take your time to grieve - there's great support in the Miscarriage section. I hope you can come to terms with it and get back to TTC when you're ready. I just had to tell myself that it was nature's way - it's nothing that you've done.

Thinking of you and take care :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

aww huni, im so sorry to read about whats happened..

i know its hard but take the scan as the hospital will need confimation as well as to decide whats the next best step to take babes..

if you need a chat im here ok.. :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back