Pregnacare

Beeble

Reaction score
Hi (sorry for all these new threads but I don't wanna venture on google anymore for answers!)

I started to take pregnacare vitamins around 4 days ago as I was only on multivitamins before and did not realise I needed folic acid.

Anyway, since I have started taking these I have been having cramps immediately after eating then I need to go to the loo! I have been having loose bowel movements pretty much after every meal of the day (sorry tmi!)

Could this be because of the vitamins and if so is this normal?

Seems very weird!

x

hmm, not sure.

Could you switch to another brand or just plain folic acid for a few days to see if it makes a difference.

Just another thought though tmi, my toilet habits have change since I've been pregnant.

Could be due to pregnacare - I found it made me feel really sick, found sanatogen mum to be agreed with me so much better!

Pregnacare made me feel sick too. I get on much better with the Sanatogen stuff. I got it off amazon 30 tablets and 30omega 3 tablets for £11

Thanks, I might try swapping it for something else although if I am honest I would rather this than being constipated haha x

I'm on the tesco version and seem to be OK, so sticking with them!

My toilet habbits have changed too since becoming pregnant (starting with 4am wee's :wall2:)

I suffer frm ibs n am normally v constipated (tmi) but have been quite loose (tmi) just finishing off concieve plus then heading onto pregnacare n onmega 3 x

Babydust to all

You mentioned "eating them" your just swallowing them right???

I take pregnacare and I blamed them for all sorts of my early pregnancy symptoms, but I stuck with them as I had 3 boxes I got on offer and now I'm fine on them so I think it was just pregnancy and a big coincidence and I was putting it on those. Not saying that's what's happening with you, but there is so much new stuff going on with your body it could be.

TMI... I suffered with horrible diarrhoea and no constipation at all until I was about 13 weeks and it eased off and now I'm just constipated

I also stopped taking mine with my main meal, and I take them at bedtime and that works better for me.

Last edited:
Slightly OT sorry ladies, but any of you who are Diabetic of suffering from any sort of elevated blood sugars, please be careful with pregnancy vitamins.

I spoke to a pharmacist last night, I wanted some vitamins but am already on a really high dose of folic acid prescribed by the GP. I couldn't take them because they all contain folic acid (I have to go back and see GP) but she also pointed out that they contain high levels of sugar (in the form of things like cellulose and lactose etc) and would also raise my blood sugars. I will update you as to what my GP tells me to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back