Worried and confused.

I'm sorry for this reply but this is something i feel totally strongly about.

I was pregnant at 16 years old and thought that me and my ex would be ready for a baby, how wrong i was.
It IS NOT easy we had to live in a crummy council flat in each others pockets, struggle with money and totally depend on our parents for everything, including nappies and fomula.

It drove us apart and caused arguments and we split up, which then left me a young lively teenager who used to have a good social life bringing up a baby single handed.
You are proberly certain that it wont happen to you but it does happen and it isn't a baby that you can pass back when things get tough or the colic keeps you awake all night everynight.

You have all your life think about your colllege, why not get that finished and get some kind of career and life before you start a family? What is the rush?

It is only after the struggle i had with my son that this time around i now no how i do not want to be with this pregancy. Making sure that i have my own house, car and career before we planned our baby and plan to get married ( admit i wanted the wedding before, but due to family reasons we couldn't )

Please please think about it and really having a baby is not something you have just because you can't drink and go out with friends, its a tiny person that will depend on you for the rest of your life.

Sorry to nag, but i've been there, done that and would recommed you didn't do the same.

agree with all of the above and I am a young mum, we are not trying to be critical, we are being practical and talking from experience, we wouldnt be saying this otherwise, you should really listen to people that have been through the same thing.

You are both in college so how do you expect to support this baby? I am guessing you will have to drop out of college? also if your bf drives you know how much cars cost to run and insure so how are you going to pay for a baby, food, water, gas electricity rent and all the other things you are going to have to buy, furniture etc, You are TTC before even living together and IMHO thats careless you dont even have first hand experience of how much money you are going to be left with at the end of the month after paying for your own place and dont listen when people say "when you have a baby you get loads of money to live" cause thats bollocks. Jakobs dad earns 65k a year and we still struggle after bills and debts and I live in my own place (we split up temporarily) and hardly get any living costs, go to college once a week (at night). I never have any money left for myself when the rent etc has gone out. and I'm 19, your 16 so you wont get the full benefits (you are still classed as a minor) and things change you might find as you grow up you grow out of love, i know its harsh but it happens when your young your emotions are all over the place.

really, really think about it.

cassi said:
agree with all of the above and I am a young mum, we are not trying to be critical, we are being practical and talking from experience, we wouldnt be saying this otherwise, you should really listen to people that have been through the same thing.

Complete;y agree with that,it's a sign that she's not ready for a baby anyway if she won't listen to advice from people who have been there

Having read all the replies given I imagine you probably feel that the people on here are not supporting you as they are telling you things you dont want to hear but what they are trying to do is make you think about this thoroughly so you dont regret your decision. If you are determined to get pregnant then that is your choice but please have a good think about why you feel the need to rush into such a huge commitment so early in life. I didnt have my baby until I was 30 years old and still wasnt totally prepared for how she would change my life. Having a baby 24 hours a day puts strain on your relationship and in my honest opinion I think you should live with your boyfriend first before having a baby because you may just find that you dont get on as well as you might have thought (I was with an ex for 2 years, moved in with him and realised he drove me mad :lol: )
I really hope this post doesnt sound harsh or unsupportive, I just think there is so much more for you to do in life before having a baby.
Good luck with whatever you choose to do hun :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back