I Want A Baby But Scared

Woow you have been together for a very long time.!
How old was you when you had your first child ?xx

I was 16 when i found out i was pregnant and 17 when i had my son, i thought it would be happy families and really did believe i was ready to have my first child.

The boyfriend who i loved and had been with since i was 12years old, left us and wanted no part in his son's life.
I relied upon my parents to support me and my son while i struggled with the late nights, lack of sleep and trying to get myself through college and working part time just to make a contribution.

Its not easy and i would say, wait a little bit longer, that urge to become a mother will stay be there after you have lived your life a little longer. All the best xxxx

I'm 38 and I struggle with motherhood now!

All I would say is that having a baby puts the most solid relationships under immense pressure. Bringing a baby in to the world is not the way to cement your relationship. I say enjoy each other for a while longer and then think about having children.

Parenthood is a very very tough job. Enjoy yourselves as a couple ... spoil each other and make the most of your free time. Then maybe think about it.

That's my advice as an OLD woman!

little miss sunshine, 7 months with your boyfriend is such a long time! :S
I was with my ex from the age of 14 to 17 and i considered having a baby with him because he was '' the one'' and we were in love... 3 YEARS we were together, I am so glad we did not do it... 7 months is a drop of piss in the ocean, wait until you have been togther longer babe ;)
x

LucyBee said:
I'm 38 and I struggle with motherhood now!

All I would say is that having a baby puts the most solid relationships under immense pressure. Bringing a baby in to the world is not the way to cement your relationship. I say enjoy each other for a while longer and then think about having children.

Parenthood is a very very tough job. Enjoy yourselves as a couple ... spoil each other and make the most of your free time. Then maybe think about it.

That's my advice as an OLD woman!

and i second all that.
whats the freaking rush to have a baby anyway?
Get to know who you are having a baby with first. Get to know him AND his family for at least 3 years before even thinking about having a baby.
Live together - go on holiday buy a car or a house even get married THEN have a baby.
Chances are if you have survuved a few holidays together, christmases with the in laws :lol: and the finacial pressures of a mortgage etc you will have more of a chance of survuving a baby.
A baby bonds two people (the parents) forever no matter how you look at it. Make sure the man you have a baby woth is the one you want to be in contact with for the rest of your life. Make sure you want that man to be the father of your baby.

I wanted a baby at 15 and it's all I ever thought about :shock: I met my hubby when I was 16, we married last year and we didn't have our son until this year, i'm 28 now!

I have to say that waiting to have our baby until we were ready and financially secure was the best thing we could have done. Becoming parents is life changing and really tough at times, I would never have coped with it at 16 :shock:

Please think carefully about your decision to have a baby now, it's not as easy as you may think :hug:

I met my OH and got pregnant when I was 16 (not planned at all)
Though Im one of the lucky ones who is still with my OH (might have something to do with the fact that he is a lot older than me) but I missed out on a lot! I would never change a thing now of course I love my kids to much to even think that but Zebrastripes is right! Go out, have fun I do not reccommend having a child so young! All my friends were out having a fun carefree time and I was in, on my own looking after my babies and I did lose contact with most of my friends! I saw one every few weeks! We just didnt have things in common anymore as I was a mum with a family and they were single and going out etc! You dont think it will bother you but it does! I missed out on the "fun" teenage years!
I just wish we would have had more "US" time before babies!

I got pregnant at 20, and i'm 21 now. It really wasn't planned either. All i thought about at 17 was having kids, but i waited. I've been with my OH for 4 years and i still wish we'd waited a couple of years longer.
I have spent a hell of a lot of time with my nephews and helped bring the eldest up but it's nothing compared to having your own!
Try living with your OH 1st. That is a shock to the wallet and it'll either make or break your relationship! And kiss goodbye to going out too! I really wanna go to the cinema but i can't afford it and i can't leave her.
I have no friends now whatsoever! At 16 i had loads, i have a baby i have none. As others said you'll have nothing in common. They're dressing up and sneaking into clubs, having driving lessons, and experiencing freedom. You'll be knee deep in baby poo and worried about them growing out of clothes and needing more!
There is no rush either! You're at the beginning of your life! You have 20+ years to have a baby!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back