I Want A Baby But Scared

R.lily

Reaction score
Im scared what my mum will say i really want a baby me and my boyfriend have been talking about it for a few months now and i really want one but i am so afraid of what my mum is going to say and its making me feel down and confused.. :(

Anybody can u help me please :( xxxx

dont know how old u are hun but i take it not very old, in my oppinion if your not in your own home, not working with a regular income i would say wait
:talkhand:

Hi
Without knowing your situation, i cant comment on it personally.

However i would say if you're thinking of planning a baby you need to assess how you would pay for baby, where you would live, and what you would do with yourself, obviously you also need to think about the long term affect on your life.

As for your mum i always find that going in prepared is the best way, my pregnancy was unplanned but i still made sure i'd sorted out in my head what i would do and how before i went to my parents and told them. I was determined that at no point could they say i didnt know what i was letting myself in for. So far i've bought everything for my baby myself, i plan on looking after her myself, i've fully researched labout etc and looked at the choices i want to make for my baby.

Hope this helps a little, :hug:

R.lily said:
Im scared what my mum will say i really want a baby me and my boyfriend have been talking about it for a few months now and i really want one but i am so afraid of what my mum is going to say and its making me feel down and confused.. :(

if you're scared what your mum will say then that says it all.
you're not ready.

budge said:
R.lily said:

you're not ready.

wise words budge! i was scared of what my mum was gonna say when i found out i was pregnant and i definately wasnt ready!

Thanks Trixi Paws , Sorry to ask but how old was you when u fell pregnant ?

hi. how old are you btw? well i'm 16, i've been with my bf for 7months and i love him with all my heart. i've always wanted a baby, ever since i was one myself practically! so i know where you're coming from. alot of people would say we're stupid for wanting a family so young but sometimes it's what people want. and despite what some people think, it is possible to have children young and to cope with it. I'm not trying to encourage you in trying for a baby, just saying I know where you're coming from :] my boyfriend is going to uni next year and if it wasn't for that then i think we would probably start a family next year and it breaks my heart to think that we can't. how long have you been with your bf hun? you really need to make sure he's the one for you before you even THINK about trying for a baby.

budge said:
R.lily said:

you're not ready.

:clap: :clap: :clap: Budge is right

You have what is called "baby fever". Women get it sometimes from very young ages...it's your natural instincts but that does not mean you should act upon it. There is no right or wrong age to have a child but bear in mind if you do not have your education completed, financial stability etc, it is somewhat irresponsible to actually plan to TTC. I do not support teens TTc and never will, also I speak from experience as I myself am a young mother. Although I am so glad I kept my baby, and I love being a mum, I would not encourage someone my age to follow suit. It is one thing finding yourself with an unplanned pregnancy and trying to make the best of it: it is another getting yourself into that situation delibrately

zebrastripes said:
I do not support teens TTc and never will, also I speak from experience as I myself am a young mother. Although I am so glad I kept my baby, and I love being a mum, I would not encourage someone my age to follow suit. It is one thing finding yourself with an unplanned pregnancy and trying to make the best of it: it is another getting yourself into that situation delibrately

:clap: Read my thoughts.... I second that.

Little miss sunshine what you just said helped me out so much thank you very much darling i am so greatful.

I am 16 aswell babe and i have been with my boyfriend for 2 years and i really love him with all my heart too. And dont think your pushing me in to having a baby what you said really helped so thank you :angel: :hug: xxx

R.lily said:
Little miss sunshine what you just said helped me out so much thank you very much darling i am so greatful.

I am 16 aswell babe and i have been with my boyfriend for 2 years and i really love him with all my heart too. And dont think your pushing me in to having a baby what you said really helped so thank you :angel: :hug: xxx

When I was 16 I thought I was in love and without going into too much detail it all went tits up and made me realise that I wasn't really in love at all!

I may only be three years older but I feel now that I'm more mature than I was then and my relationship with my OH is for real- completely different from my ex.

Enjoy your time together as a couple. Go on nice holidays, get a flat together and be selfish with our money while you can. A baby is draining on your relationship- emotionally and financially. It's incredibly rewarding but don't rush into it :hug:

Jade&Evie said:
[quote="R.lily":3oueaozc]Little miss sunshine what you just said helped me out so much thank you very much darling i am so greatful.

When I was 16 I thought I was in love and without going into too much detail it all went tits up and made me realise that I wasn't really in love at all!

[/quote:3oueaozc]

And that's without having the nuclear holocaust that is a baby hit the sweet fertile fields of an adolescent relationship :rotfl: Ive been with OH over 3 years and I still didn't have a clue how he'd be plus baby attachment. Luckily he's an inherently nice guy who loves kids anyway

Thank you darling dont worry i wont rush in to things i really do think its a really real relationship...
[Jade&Evie] Thank you for your help babe
You have a nice life aswell hun xxx

I think at 16 you can have found that special someone, and you can know that. BUT theres so much that goes on with you and your emotions a baby usually isnt going to help.

At 16 i was in love, and yes it was the real thing, but at 17 i realised that i was too young for it all and not emotionally ready for that commitment. We tried again just after i turned 19, but again it all moved too fast and i wasnt ready.

Now i'm 20 and im very ready for the commitment of my baby, but i couldnt say i would be ready if it was with my ex cos then i'd be dealing with commitment as a family not as just me.

Things have to be taken very slowly and you dont want to be having a baby then regretting it a few years down the line if you and your OH have problems or one of you goes loopy like i did

i have been with my husband since i was 16 and have been togeather 22 years but no way was i ready to be a mum at 16

Ino what you mean clare hopefully none of us will go loopy lol but we get on really well and i feel like im ready but ino what you mean like your saying i dont want to be regretting this in a few years time but..
Good luck with yoursaelf and the baby hunni Mwah xxx

at 16 i was dyin to b 18 so I could go out clubbin and gettin drunk like other teenagers lmao :rotfl: :rotfl:

Pffffft no way did I wanna be dealin with baby sick and sleepless nights at that age, I liked my sleep ta very much :talkhand: :talkhand:

Id say have a life then have kids cos everythin changes when uv popped a sprog out

:O Omgg Since You Have Been 16 That is a very lonng time !
Cant believe that.

How old was you when you had your first child ?
xx

R.lily said:
Cant believe that.

xx

18 when i got up the duff, 19 when i dropped

lost 18months of sleep lol, not fun at all!!!

go out and be free, party, drink, spend all ur money on urself cos it wont happen when uv got a screamin kid in ur arms :talkhand:

R.lily said:
Cant believe that.

xx

i was 3 days off being 21 when i had Kieron and i was a week turned 35 when i had Hannah

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back