Confused and in need of advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

pineapple

Reaction score
Heya- im only 18 and am very confused. ok so ive just started the pill last week, which is great! only problem is... wel ive been having unprotected sex regularly for the past 3 weeks and wondered when to take a pregnancy test?my period has been delayed for three weeks due to the pill, so will it be a real or fake period? i am very confused as to when to take a test. symptoms i have been getting are weeing like theres no tomorow and going dizzy, stomach cramps and others although this could be due to the pill. please help my boyfriend is not being very helpful. thanx.x

hi hun if i were you i'd test now. If you've been having unprotected sex for the past 3 weeks then there is a high chance that you could be pregnant. are you still having unprotected sex now? the pill takes a couple of weeks to start working so i'd test now. Can i just ask though, why were you having unprotected sex before going on the pill? do you want a baby? :hug:

i dnt want a baby no. but r relationship is ova now :( like literally thirty mins ago. and im confused and worried:( x

Do a test hun, if you're pregnant it's not the end of the world.Let us know how you get on xox

hey agen- i was gna do a test tomoz but im well scared. i felt relly queazy in college today proper nasty :oops: but o wel. um now im thinkin mayb buyin the tests a waste of time,. cos if its negative id av wasted me money . or is that an immature view? xx

just do a test or go to the docs, either way ul find out

Do a test. Whatever you do don't keep putting it off. Chances are you're not pregnant. However if you are, you will need care and attention right away. I was in denial for the first few month of my pregnancy (I'm 16) and I realise now how stupid that was. Apart from the normal vitamin and folic acid supplements I missed, etc, the pregnancy could have been ectopic, I could have miscarried and gotten septicaemia, and all because nobody would have known. You can get tests for a couple of quid- just go get one!

hi hun, i think that u sud take the test atleast ur mind will at rest! and from there u can make a disussion on what u want. if u dont time is just going to drag on. i might not even be preggos :hug:

test asap. then you can either stop worrying or start thinking about the future. When I found out I was pregnant it felt like the end of the world- I thought my OH would walk away from it, I thought my parents would kill me and I thought I'd lose my friends.

In reality I still have my OH here supporting me, my parents took a while to come round but now they are excited about being grandparents and the only friends I lost weren't true friends in the first place.

The sooner you find out the better :hug: :hug: :hug:

They had tests in poundland the other day hun.. please get a test so you know either way - good luck xxx

hey agen- thanx for ur advice- i have jus taken two tests at college and i am pregnant.xhelp.

Well,you have 3 options
Abortion
Adoption
or, keep the baby.

You will need to think about telling your parents and the father of your child,and you will also need to talk to your GP. Whatever your descision, you can get through it.

no-one can make the decision but you, unfortunately.

I know, for me, I knew from day one that I was keeping the baby and would have to work around all the obstacles but I was in a different situation- I wasn't still at college for one thing.

Can I ask, why were you having unprotected sex? I fell pregnant on the pill when I was taking antibiotics but I never would have risked it knowingly.

Have you spoken to the baby's father- although it isn't his decision what happens with the baby he should still be able to make his feelings on it heard.

Maybe see you in 1st Tri soon xx

hi agen. ok basically- my bf dont want the baby- and neitha do my parents- they are being very crafty in my opinion-= they tell me- its my choice whetha or not i keep it, however they then say if i do, i wil b kicked out. which i think :S is outrageous- considering i was going to juggle college with the baby, going out of the house woud make things worse! how wud i go to college, have a job and pay the bills as wel as a baby- i h8 them!!!! i wnt to keep my baby :( but am practically being forced to get rid of it. i no id make a brill mum but they seem to think im living in cloud kukko land :( pls help. xxx

That's unfortunate. Don't make any rash descisions however: boyfriends and parents do have a habit of coming around eventually. Hopefully yours will too. Explain to them that at the minute, you need their support more than any other time in your life. It'll be hard for them too: this could be a reaction born out of shock. If keeping the baby is what you want to do, dont let people persuade you otherwise. I'm not against abortion, but if you do choose that path you have to be 100% sure it's what YOU want, or you will regret it for the rest of your life.

It is possible to have a baby and remain in education. I do. However I have a fantastic support system which makes it a lot easier. Still, there is a lot of help out there, to encourage young girls in your position to stay in education, more than you'd expect at first. There are hostels & places you can go to especially for young mothers: there is also the fantastic School Age Mums project which will pay for your childcare during schooltime,this applies for girls up to the ages of 19. There's a whole plethora of people out there to help, if you want to keep your baby. If you do, and your parents do throw you out, get in touch with your local Barnardos ASAP, they are brilliant at helping you out, and they won't see you on the streets. There are ways and means of making it work out for you. Don't forget that whether he likes it or not, your OH will be a father, and if he's a decent guy he will stick by you.

Like I said, get in touch with Barnardos, or some suchlike organisation-google it, there should be one in your area. And meanwhile, sit your parents and bf down all together and have another talk with them about what you want to do-don't let them beat around the bush! Good luck & let us know how you get on :hug:

PS. Check out this site as well: might find some useful info
http://www.ywca-gb.org.uk/youngmums/links-campaign.asp

You could speak to the council about getting housed. I'm sure you could get help with rent and things seen as you are a student. I was forced into an abortion when I was young. It was something I have regretted right up til this day. You need to think long and hard about what you really want. I hope things work out for you x

just take your time babe, expain to your parents that either way you need their support. Their help in housing even, they may not want you in their home any longer, but i cant belive they wouldnt still care about your welfare. Have a good chat, thats all i can really recommend :) x (Good Luck)

thanx for ur comments- i no i wil regret the aborition afterwards-but i simply cnt afford to keep it ? o and anotha thing- ive heard about benefits- but this is very selective and only applies to the minority- for instance, i have quite a large sum of cash in my bank- and some of the attachments wich come with benefits mean certain ppl cant hav access to them:S im getin so confused and dont no wot to do! arrh help.x

No-one can force you to get rid of the baby- its YOUR body and YOUR decision. Education is something you can always go back to later in life- and it may be that your parents would have different ideas if push came to shove- I know my mum wasn't happy when I told her I was pregnnt but she has grown to accept it and now she is really excited (although she is still disappointed that I've lost what shold be the best years of my life).

Have you spoken to a doctor/CAB? They might be able to help you out a bit more...

One thing though, PLEASE don't write in 'text speak'... it takes my pregnant brain 5 minutes to work out!!! :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back