Worried again - Aches and Pains

emma1976

Reaction score
Here I go again worrying. I have been having really really bad cramps in boths my legs at night. Which ever side I lie on I ache and then in the morning I am aching so much have a job to get up out of bed and my legs are killing me. Is this normal for nearly 31 weeks. I even have a job to turn round at night and get little pains but its just the aches I worry about and the cramps.

I can't sleep now as this is so uncomfortable, also my iron is low and have been put on tablets so didn;t know if this could be some of the cause. Been feeling really ill and tired and my heart races and I feel like tehre is something really wrong with me and that tehre is something wrong with baby.

I wouldn't be so worried if I didn;t have this growth scan as well.

Is anyone else aching like mad at night and getting bad cramps in both legs. :( Everything was going so well I thought and Now I feel like something is wrong.

I also have a really strong feeling that she is going to be early as well. Has anyone else had this and been right?

Help.

Worried :(

Em xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello Emma

Sorry to hear you're so worried. Hope the forum can offer some reassurance. I suffered aching legs in my second and third pregnancies and was also concerned that something was going wrong. In the end, I found that a pillow between my legs helped a bit but not as much as getting up and walking about.

Sometimes when you're lying in bed half asleep...especially when you're pregnant and anxious... even the slightest niggle can be exaggerated. I've noticed that pain that I probably wouldn't even notice during the day(like a fingernail I've bitten too much) turns into excrutiating pain (like a finger that's been amputated!). That's why it sometimes helps to get up and walk around, read a book, watch some TV.

I was also a bit anaemic with these pregnancies but I'm not sure there's any link there. By the way, both were born on time and 100% healthy.

Best of luck,

Boo

i suffered bad leg cramps at night for a while.... my midwife told me to eat more banana... i try and eat one every day and they seemed to have down the night cramps... i was also on iron tablets at the time so maybe there is a link

try not worry hun.. i know its hard not to worry.. im having such bad pain in my arms at the minute.... some times so bad i feel lik i wud rather have my arms cut off then suffer any more pain.... but we all know these 9months will be hard but well worth it at the end

love elaine and lazy baby who wont show her face lol

Hi Emma,

I'm with you on the leg cramps and pain and as you know we're really close in dates! I had very bad cramps in my toes, feet and legs earlier on but now it just tends to be my legs at night. I've had excruciating hip pain at night too the last few nights as I've finally found a comfortable place to sleep- until I move and then it's agony whereas before my hips ached in turn as I turned over again and again trying to find a comfy position. Basically my comfy position seems to be on my right side with a pillow under my hip and a body pillow along my back (I got one for about a tenner from Macro) and then bent under at the bottom so that my feet rest up, a cushion between my knees and one under my bump! It takes ages to get it just right but then I manage to sleep though as I had knee pain last week before I put my feet up to the level of my hips! The trouble comes when I move to go to the loo though as the hip I'm lying on is then very painful indeed although after getting up and walking to the loo it's ok. I had a new prob last night as I slept 5 hours without waking for the loo and then when I did I have never felt like I had such a full bladder in my life! I had to walk very very slowly and take a few minutes to sit on the loo it ached so much! It's strange as all of my joints and muscles are fine in a particular position for an hour or two but then I have to do something totally different. At work it's ok to sit for two hours but then I have to stand, it's ok walking home but then I have to sit and sleeping is ok in very short doses. I'd probably fare better if I could sleep in three hour bursts all through the day to be honest! Aargh!

Anyway- don't worry too much about the cramps as from all I've read it's really common. I've had a banana craving since 14 weeks and although it's not as crazy as it was a few months ago I still eat about 4 or 5 a day but I still get the cramps a bit. Quinine is supposed to help and this is in tonic water- I did have some of that when it was very painful before and I think it helped so it might be worth a try (not lots- just a glass or two). Drinking lots of water is also supposed to help them. I think though that for me it was to do with how my legs were lying at night so it's probably worth experimenting with pillows.

Hope you feel loads better soon hun. This whole thing really is an endurance test isn't it? The trouble is that sometimes I find it so hard that I wonder if it's just me being weak as women have been having babies forever and they seem to cope but then when you speak to mothers you realise that they're just really brave, strong people who have gone through most of the same problems themselves and they always say that it's worth all of the difficulties.

Take care and be extra nice to yourself
+++

Cramps!!! Yes, what a nightmare, although been ok recently with that, just suffering badly now with hip pains, which is worse than when i had cramp! at least the cramp went away after a while!! :roll:

I had load of problems with hip pain, and it kept waking my in the night so I had to keep swaping what side I was lying on, but when I tried to roll over my hips were to sore, so I had to try to move my legs with my hands and god it was a nightmare.

I then went away for a long weekend and slept on an orthapaedic mattress and I slept brilliantly, discivered it was because my mattress was to soft and it didnt support my hips properly. I now sleep in the spare room on like a futon thing and sleep really well now. So perhaps try sleeping in another bed if its an option or try a new mattress?

I have just bought the matteress about 3 weeks ago! its an orthapedic one already!!! looks like im gonna just have to put up and shut up for a while longer!! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back