Worried about movement

weenik

Reaction score
I'm quite worried - for the last few weeks I have been feeling quite a bit of movement and maybe even a few gentle kicks. All day today I haven't felt a thing so I came home from work and got the doppler out......it took me about 20 mins to find a heartbeat and when I did it wasn't the usual loud noise. I've just put a new battery in too! I thought I'd be getting movement all the time now, and am just a bit worried.....do you think it's normal? :pray:

I don't think u should worry hun, i'm same and i'm 22 weeks! today I've only felt couple of kicks. It depends on position baby is lying in etc guess that affects the doppler too. I asked midwife other day when i should start recognising regular movement enough to keep check on it and she said around 26 weeks. hope this helps :hug:

thank you - think I'm just in a generally worried mood today. Usually I'm not as bad so I guess hormones are adding to it a bit! I suppose as long as I still feel movement now and again it's ok. thanks :hug:

Awww hun, have a :hug: it so worrying being pg isnt it

my LO has its quiet days as well as really active ones. my mw said i should be able to count around 10 movements a day, any less than this she said i need to ring her. if you are worried it might be worth ringing your mw. maybe your LO was in an awkward position thats why the heatbeat was harder to detect/fainter??

yeah was down at right hand side and I had to wiggle the wand lots before I got it! Usually I can pick it up straight away.....think I used half a tube of gel that time so have nearly run out. I've got a scan next Monday so I'll see how things go until then - may stop using doppler just now coz I think I just worried myself. I actually shouted "come on Bambi stop hiding" at the top of my voice just before I picked it up so LO one be listening to me (hope that continues!!)

I get days like that too and really worry but i guess baby is just having a quiet day or laying in a way that you can't feel them, my MW said the same when i asked her and said all is ok baby is just in a postion you can't feel or having a sleepy day, but i know what you mean worries the hell out of you :hug:

I wouldn't worry too much. You found the heartbeat so everything must be ok.

I think sometimes the baby moves around and I can't feel him so strongly because of the way he's laying. This was definitely the case earlier in the 2nd trimester. Now of course there's no mistaking the kicks! :)

Hi

I wouldnt worry to much hun :hug: probably in just an awkward position
Katrina

Bambi always seems to surprise me.....was sitting here working away and the next thing I got quite a big kick, followed by another 2 smaller ones. When the first one came I shouted out 'oooh' and a few people just looked at me so had to explain I was being kicked! All that worry for nothing eh! I love being kicked and punched from inside :wall:

I think it's perfectly normal. Some days Pudding hardly moves at all not even a fidget then days like yesterday (and so far I'm thinking today too!) he just doesn't stop and makes me feel all nauseaus sometimes when he really keeps going with it. Tuesday I don't think I felt a single flutter. I do worry when I can't feel him but then the following day I wish he'd stop kicking/wiggling so much so you can't win. Babies have active/sleepy days just like we do! Try not to worry...oh and babies can hide from scans/dopplers etc, they get into really comfortable positions etc and you have little hope of finding it then....don't fret all's normal I'm sure. xx

My wee one moved constantly on Easter sunday and it was all very exciting but over the last couple of days it's hardly moved at all and no flutters today so far. I'm hoping it's just lying in a position where I can't feel it so strongly. It seems that a few of us are experincing this.

hun i don't think there is anything wrong... you are only 19 weeks i don't think i've felt any movements then

your baby is still quite small and the movement would only be really light..

there say that you baby will start giving you some real kicks about 23 weeks

i wouldn't worry but if you are then call you midwife :hug:

yea normal i think dont worry too much baby feels what u feel dont forget. best is to rest and before u know it baby will kick u.

The heartbeat the baby may not be laid in a position for u to hear heartbeat strong like how u have been so if i was u i wouldnt worry :)

thts wht i been woryying about recently, i havnt felt much movement since friday morning..
but me and mum had a massive arguement on friday night,
may havent frightned the LO
hope not.
i got a couple of real slight kicks yesturday and one this mornig
hopefully the little bugger will start moving again when it hears daddys voice today :)

yea might of been the fight with ya mum that triggered the the baby movements not so much now. best to avoid stress,fights etc as it can effect the baby. like i said in previous post what u feel the baby also feels too.

so stay calm ,relax and before u start worrying about if baby will kick or bubbles again it will do in its own time. just look after you and baby will be fine :)

if i do too much the baby tells me like with a certain pain on my right then i know i gotta sit down and eat something after that im fine :) Could get pain on left depends which way baby is :)

ive not felt movement this morn and i know babys ok i just feel its ok :)

u got slight kicks thats good babys telling u its ok and healthy :)

Yeah Robyn I wouldn't worry - I feel stupid now :oops: Since I wrote that Bambi has been wrigging and poking and prodding loads. I suppose we should enjoy the quiet undisturbed moments just now as they won't last long!!

Hope things are ok with you & your mum :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back