Less movement: worried.

Em91

Reaction score
Hi, just me with another daft question.

Am 24+2 now and don't seem to have had much movement the last three days, i'm still getting kicks just not as strong and not as often, wandering if LO has just changed position.

Do you think i should be worried? Or just give it a bit longer and see how it goes?

Heard HB with Doppler yesterday and was fine, will listen again later i think.

I'm such a worrier :roll:

Hey, I'm 25 weeks on wed and I still have days I don't feel movement as much, then other days loads. I have a Doppler at home, and have checked in a panic and can always hear heartbeat but it's not as loud as other times, so I'm guessing baby has moved further back, and also my bump changes shape and softer some days, guess that's to do with where baby's lying. Anyway in my panic I found out that you don't start counting babies movements untill 28 weeks, as there not regular till then, and that's when to start getting to know your babies routine :) I'm sure baby is ok, mabye just having a lazy few days :) xx

Hi Em,

I completely understand, I think they change position and then we don't feel them so much. I think it's a good thing you heard your LO on the doppler. I think if you do feel worried then call your mw, I doubt anything is wrong just one of those things. Xx

Dont worry about it. Like you said lo has probably just changed position or is having a few lazy days. I had this last week where I hardly felt a thing for days but then last night baby was bouncing about everywhere,lol. Providing you still feel the occasional movement I wouldnt worry.

I often have a quiet day or two, it's unsettling but perfectly normal while bubs still has room to move around with ease.
I did go a week with no movement, which was horrible, but I used my doppler and could hear movement without feeling it. Went to triage after a week and mw confirmed baby was in a position that meant I couldn't feel the movements even though there were plenty. That afternoon baby changed position again and everything was back to normal xx

Last edited:
I'm same Em, some days she is bouncing around, whereas other days ill have the odd movement. I havent used the doppler much, we were lent it and i dont think its very good.

So i just go with instinct. Maybe our LO have found a comfy spot at back somewhere. last night i felt her moving but her kicks werent as strong and my first thought was i wonder if she is further to the back near the placenta maybe she is laying on that lol xx

im with the others hun, if you feel no movement then get checked out but you said youve felt some, chances are baby has turned or changed position x

Thanks ladies, I posted this then Lo decided to have a party last night and hasnt stopped wriggling since! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back