worried about kicks

annaespana1

Reaction score
I am really worried about the lack of movement for the past 4/5 days. He's been so much more still since Tues/Wed and I've only been feeling between 6-10 (average) kicks per day. I spoke to the midwife on the phone yesterday and she said - drink a cold fizzy drink or have some ice cream and you should fell some kicks within a few mins. Then she said count them and if I feel less than 10 within 24 hours go to the hospital to be checked out. I've done that and had nothing after the drink and icecream but since about 6pm yesterday to 9am today have had 9 kicks. I am so worried as a couple of quiet days are prob normal but I don't feel so many quiet days in a row is normal- is it??? I really appreciate any experiences or advice. :?

Why don't you go and see the midwife if you are worried - it's better to be safe than sorry (although I know it's a hassle!). I have found that mine isn't kicking as much these days because there isn't the room but I can feel its whole body turning and squirming.

I get worried about the amount of movement I feel some days as well.

Some days he is very quiet, but he tends to make up for it either the same night and keeps me up, or is on the go all the following day.

I have a doppler so I use that if I am worried about anything. I've used it quite a lot this week after my fall, but if you are worried get yourself down to the midwife. It will put your mind at rest. xxx

cheers folks it's so hard not to worry about EVERYTHING but your posts were very reasurring. He's kicking more tonight- maybe why I am up at 10 to 3 in middle of night!! But I am feeling more relaxed - I am going to now look on net for some- Over - The - Shoulder - Boulder - Holders as can't buy a decent big bra here- those little skinny Spanish Chicas have wee pert boobies too :roll:

Your baby is growing, so won't move as much, plus, if you are moving around, anxious or upset, your baby can not move either, due to tension within your muscles/body etc.

A very cold drink will get your LO moving, also, talking to your tummy, I know it sounds silly but it does work sometimes. Or do what I did, keep poking your tummy until your LO kicks back :rotfl: it's like a game I have with my bubs but everyone thinks I am crazy :shhh:

I found out the other day that our LO's move alot more during our sleep and that we do not notice it.

Mind you, junior really is starting to hurt me with his kicks now, he's constantly resting on my bladder (I pee around 30 times a day now), also he's foot is actually rammed into my left lung, so you can see how uncomfy I am now :shakehead:

If you are really worried and to get a peace of mind, go visit your MW/doc and have them either do a quick scan or attach a lovely monitor to your belly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back