Worried about hubby

TundraOwl

Reaction score
Don't know what to do, I'm really worried about my hubby. He's not been well for a number of years, before me and him even met, but it's been an ongoing problem that has been controlled. We were told last year that if we wanted kids to have them asap as he may have to have an operation in the future to remove his oesophagus and have chemo and radio therapy which has a good chance of making him sterile. We had an early miscarriage last year the I was not well and developed appendicitis at the beginning of this year. Seemed like everything was against us, then lo and behold our little miracle arrives! We couldn't believe it, everything seemed to be going great, was so terrified of something going wrong but everything has been fine! :) DH even seemed to be getting a little better and the consultants didn't think they would have to operate until next year.

However the last couple of months he's really gone downhill, theyve had to up his medication and I feel guilty if he runs around after me, even though I've been told to take it easy. He now has a consultant appointment next week on Friday and I'm worried that they will want to operate the week after. There is not a great chance of him surviving it at the moment, to to the severity of the op and the medication he is on. Just really scared that he won't get to meet our little girl. I know I'm probably worrying baout nothing, but I'm also worrying about coping in the later stages of pregnancy and after the birth if he is in hospital or not well. I don't drive at the moment so rely on him for this, have my test booked for 7th November tho so hope I pass first time.

Sorry for the ramble but just a little lost and don't know who to talk to, really worried about him but don't want him to be worrying about me when he isn't well.

Sorry again for the ramble, just needed to get this off my chest.

I am so sorry ur hubby is poorly Hun! Has he been offered the choice to freeze his sperm? He should be given the option.
I really hope he doesn't need the op, chemotherapy and rt! Xxx

I'm so sorry about your hubby! Praying that he gets better quickly. Hugs xx

We mentioned it to them but he has 3 kids already so they wouldn't do it, even though I'm only 22 and have none, (until December lol) they were a bit shirty about it to be honest. Said we could pay to get it done privately but it would cost quite alot, we're skint so wasn't an option, just glad we've got little one on the way. Just hope everything goes ok next week, hopefully they'll put it off til next year, but if it makes him better then it might be best to get it done early. Don't know, I hate seeing him poorly and in pain, and if he has the op then he might be fine and fit and well again.
Just worried about him.

Im so sorry to hear this hun, I guess it doesnt help with all the pregnancy hormones. Just remember that chemo and radiotherapy doesnt always leave men infertile!
xxx

Agree with that rt only would if treating that area. It will be more the chemotherapy xxx

I really don't know what to say that will help other than both try to just keep strong together. If you need any advice with your driving test then I am more than happy to offer advice as I only did mine around a year ago and have been helping the girls at college with theirs and they seem to be doing ok :)! xx

I don't know what to say hun, just wanted to send you and hubby a big hug xxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks guys, just needed to get all this off my chest. Been eating away at me for a while. Just glad we've got our little one on the way to look forward to. Will keep you all posted on how he gets on next Friday... just have to wait and see what the docs say.
Thanks again guys for the support.
Lib
xx

hun, I cant offer any advice but just wanted to send u a big hug :hug:

Same as Jomc hun. :hug: Hope your hubby gets better soon.xxx

I really hope that your hubby gets better with as little treatment as possible. My hubby had chemo and radiotherapy as a teenager and had sperm frozen but we conceived naturally without any problem so any treatment might not make him sterile. I understand you just want him better and around for you and your little one. Best of luck to you both.

Oh honey this is so sad. I really hope that the appointment goes well and they can help him get better. It mist be such a worry, we r all here for you to vent/share with as this is such difficult times for you. Take it easy honey and try not to worry about the op just yet until the consultant app. Xxx

so sorry to read this, it must be horrible going through this. i really hope hubby is ok xxxxx

Sorry to hear this hun xxx hope he improves and doesn't need the treatment. Fingers crossed x

Thanks guys for all your support, this forum is really a god send when you need to vent/rant about something. All you lovely ladies are all so kind and supportive. Just hope he's ok, was looking at him today and he's lost lots of weight recently, not sure why, he also started coughing up blood so ringing the docs tomorrow to see what they say. This has happened before as the problem is his oesophagus but will just put our minds at rest unil he sees his surgeon on Friday. Feel sorry for him as he's really frustrated that he can't run round after me like he feels he should, bless him. Thanks again guys for all the support, it really does help just to be able to talk about these things.

Thanks guys, spoke to the docs and they said that if he gets worse to go to A and E, but he can wait til fridays appointment if he wants to. Will just have wait and see what they say. Thanks again guys for all the support :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back