Worried

Bee7

Reaction score
This isn't really pregnancy related but i'm really worried about my OH's job. Basically he worked for a company up until last year and did a lot of good things for them. He never had a sick day and he often worked long hours at short notice and travelled all over the place for his job. Then he applied for a better job in the same company and left his current role. To cut a long story short, it didn't work out and he had to go back to his old job. Since he's been back his manager (who sounds like a total cow) seems to have a massive downer on him. Not sure if this is because she resents him for leaving in the first place or not. But basically she seems to pick on everything he does and has now told him (through another member of staff, not personally) that he's going to be investigated for 'smoking outside of the office'.

The thing is that he is already on a final warning for a mistake he made whilst in his other role - nothing terrible but this was the reason he had to come back after his trial period. I'm concerned that with his record, and his managers attitude towards him that he might end up losing his job. If it went further i know most companies would go with a district manager over an employee who already has warnings on file. I know he's worried too but he tends to be more pig headed and angry about the way hes being treated whereas i'm more worried/scared about him ending up jobless. We're supposed to be moving into a rented property in a few months, and with a baby on the way i just don't know how we'll cope on my wages alone. I could really go mental at his boss for the way she's treating him. I know i've only heard his side, but even after all the good work he did before it really seems as though she's just looking for an excuse to get rid of him :( xxx

If he isn't already, he needs to join a union just in case there's an attempt to stitch him up xx

He's not in one at the moment, will have to try and encourage him to look into it. I'm just really angry, we don't need this stress and worry at the moment and it's not like he's done anything wrong! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back