Work

Mrs.Goodchild

Reaction score
Went back to work yesterday and ebetything went pretty smoothly. My manager came back to work today (she is part time). I'm Struggling in work today. My manager has barely spoken two words to me and she cant look at me when she does (she is 4weeks ahead of what i should have been in her pregnancy). I know its because she feels awful and awkward and nor that she is being rude or mean, as she has told my other colleague who told me (not nastily).
I feel horrible and as if i am contagious or something...i feel so alone and down sitting here. I keep crying and having to hide in the toilet, i didnt think i would feel like this so its really knocked my confidence about being back here :( xxx

Hey Hun,

I went back to work last week after ectopic surgery & miscarriage of the twin but ended up only going in for 3.5 days as I was still so emotional & not ready for it.

If you need more time I think your manager would be more than understanding to give you another week or so off...

You need to be mentally strong more than anything darling & the one thing I have learnt is it OK to be sad & it is OK to cry - you have lost a baby hun not a keyring, not a car, not something materialistic but something you loved & carried. Its normal to feel this way. You need to allow yourself to not be ashamed xx

Last edited:
When I had my MMC in June I was working on a small team of 5 and 2 of the other girls were pregnant a few weeks ahead and my sister was 4 weeks. I told them all straight away that I didn't want anyone to feel awkward around me and it was fine to talk about babies and pregnancy and that I wouldn't get upset. I made it clear that I didn't want them to change the way they were around me. Everyone would check now and again over the months I was okay with the conversation but I think it was the best thing to do to say something straight away. I do have a 10 year old boy and I think it probably made it easier as I had experienced successful pregnancy before.

I hope work gets easier soon for you, I've just gone back after a second mc

Oh hun, going back to work is hard, i went back after 3 days and I wasn't ready and only two people knew but I did bite someones head off for being his normal horrible self and i was left alone as out of charector.
I just burried my head in my work and my home time in my ttc and got througth it that way, perhaps you could to althougth I know work seems pointless right now- take a day a time hun x

When I had my mc a lot of work colleagues avoided me and acted weird around me. People just don't know what to say and sadly a lot of people who have never been through it don't get how devastating a mc is and how we need normality and kindness not people ignoring us and making us feel worse. I am sure she means well and is terrified seeing her pregnancy is upsetting you, she will treat you normally in time I am sure. I know it is tough in the meantime though as it doesn't help you heal. How are you coping at home etc? Make sure you talk to your loved ones etc when you need to. Thinking of you x

oh mrsgoodchild I havent been on for a while i am so sorry for your loss :( sending massive hugs to you i know too well what it is like and going back to work for me was awful looking back and after a lecture from my counsellor i know i didnt take long enough off here if u wana talk xx

Hi Mrs Goodchild,
I have been quietly observing your journey, which seems identical to my own. We were both at the same stage, found out in the same way about the MMC.
Just wanted to wish you all the best in your TTC journey, am just commencing my TWW so fingers crossed for us both in our rainbow baby journey.
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back