Telling Work??

KarolinaMoon

Reaction score
Hi

Just wondering what everyone's experiences are with telling your work about an impending miscarraige? Did you tell your work? Did you take time off?

I've been told that I have an anembryonic pregnancy, am about 10 weeks, but have no cramps, bleeding or pain at all. Am waiting at moment to miscarry naturally, but it doesnt look like it happening for me :(. I had kept going into work until today when I rang my manager and told her :shock: . No one else knows, just me and my partner. I was in a real predicament as to what I should do regarding work, but after talking with the midwife yday she seemed concerned I was still going into work, and when advising me what could happen during a natural miscarraige, she told me in some few cases, there is no warning, no cramps, just a gush of fluid/blood/tissue....The last thing I want is to be caught in work in a situation :(

Part of me regrets telling my work, even though she was fine, I feel a bit embarrassed :oops:
Im a very private kinda person, would rather go through these things alone, but weighing it all up I felt telling work was the best option. I dont know how long this will take, and in the end I might need to have a D & C anyway........I am sooo sooo very confused!!! :(:(:(

xxxx

is there nothing they can give you (hormone wise) to start the miscarriage naturally?

only when i had my baby (very different i know) they gave me a pill which stopped my body from thinking it was pregnant and i naturally went into labour a few hours later.

perhaps they could try that with you?

It might be a while before your body miscarries naturally which is a worry if you are wanting to get on with life. I know my baby girl was inside me for 4 or more weeks dead before she was found on a scan :( :(

hugs xxx

Hi

Just wondering what everyone's experiences are with telling your work about an impending miscarraige? Did you tell your work? Did you take time off?

I've been told that I have an anembryonic pregnancy, am about 10 weeks, but have no cramps, bleeding or pain at all. Am waiting at moment to miscarry naturally, but it doesnt look like it happening for me :(. I had kept going into work until today when I rang my manager and told her :shock: . No one else knows, just me and my partner. I was in a real predicament as to what I should do regarding work, but after talking with the midwife yday she seemed concerned I was still going into work, and when advising me what could happen during a natural miscarraige, she told me in some few cases, there is no warning, no cramps, just a gush of fluid/blood/tissue....The last thing I want is to be caught in work in a situation :(

Part of me regrets telling my work, even though she was fine, I feel a bit embarrassed :oops:
Im a very private kinda person, would rather go through these things alone, but weighing it all up I felt telling work was the best option. I dont know how long this will take, and in the end I might need to have a D & C anyway........I am sooo sooo very confused!!! :(:(:(

xxxx

I think it is a very individual thing - as I already mentioned the EPU told me I was fine to carry on working etc..

But you are a further along than I was.

I needed the distraction of work etc..

I think you have done what you needed to do, I would however book another appointment to maybe get things moving along?

There is nothing worse than waiting for this horrible thing happen! At least if you have some medical intervention then you can begin to work through this. It was the waiting that I found most horrendous.

xxxxxxxx

Last edited:
God they told me i would have to wait for 48hrs and that was bad enough... mind you it was a very very different situation (i had an 8 hour labour, in the labour ward and delivered a small but perfect, dead baby) But the waiting was horrible, i wouldnt have wanted to wait any longer x

God they told me i would have to wait for 48hrs and that was bad enough... mind you it was a very very different situation (i had an 8 hour labour, in the labour ward and delivered a small but perfect, dead baby) But the waiting was horrible, i wouldnt have wanted to wait any longer x

BB I wouldn't swap places with you- what happened to me was hard but what you went through was just God awful.

I know that I got off lightly compared to some (I know that a loss is still a loss but I also know a M/C is very different to what you went though)

xxxxxxxx

Last edited:
BB, so sorry for your loss, I said to my partner when we found out, what must women who loose a fully formed baby go through, miscarraige in early pregnancy is bad enough :(
Hope you are taking time to heal emotionally & physically, and taking it easy xxxxxx

So sorry to hear you're going through this. I'm also a private person, but told my line manager when i was in a similar situation. I stayed off work until the m/c completed (with the help of med from the hospital). It's probably different for everyone, but the last thing you need right now is pressure from work. Take some time off and look after yourself.
Big hugs xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back