Had enough!

This is such a heartbreaking time...I never realised how emotionally draining miscarriage would be. I knew it would be hard but before eperiencing it, its impossible to grasp or imagine how it feels.
I know in time, it will get a little easier and I truely hope that they have trouble-free and healthy pregnancies, I just wish I had too xxx

To continue the awful and stressful time with work-I am now being told that I am not entitled to sick pay. I am not being given the opportunity to grieve or get through this as I am having constant rubbish from work. Sorry for going on but I just have to get it out cos otherwise I will just cry and cry. xx

Well you are entitled to statutory sick pay Lisey as you are signed off, but they could pay you full pay if they were kind and understanding. How long have you worked there? You just know it not a supportive job, id think about looking for something better when you are feeling well and strong enough. xxx

I have worked there for over a year but worked there for over four years before having a two year break. I am on a continuous employment contract so really its like I have been working there for over five years. My boss pretends to care but she doesnt, she made an employee pay back a 30p overpayment the other day!!
I am going to consider leaving, I am currently doing my level 3 qualification in childcare so have to be in employment but after that I will consider it. I also wonder-if not entitled to sick pay (in their opinion) would I be entitiled to maternity pay (we are planning to try again)...I have been so annoyed and could do with a break from the stress!! xx

Again they have to give you statutory maternity.
Yes you dont need it.xxx

i agree with corinne, they have to give to statutory maternity pay, and i thought you'd be entitled to sick pay on a continuous contract too. make sure they aren't trying to fob you off, I would def check out your rights! She sounds like a right witch your boss!

Thanks for advice and support. Witch is putting it politely really! I'm gonna check on internet and maybe call citizens advice to get proper answers xx

call ACAS - search on net for number they are really helpful and easier to get hold of than CAB. X

Ok, great thankyou x I wasnt sure who to contact xx

Lisey are you having your scan today? Hope it goes as well as can be expected hun, hope OH is with you. big :hug: so sorry you are going through this xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back