work :(

nmf1987

Reaction score
well i was originally going to be finishing work today but i changed my maternity as thought it was far too soon. which i am now regretting.

im so tired all the time.

i am fine when i get to work. well ish. i just hate the thought of going. it is quite manual work(i work for screwfix so have to put deliveries away and pick customer orders etc)

it is killing me. my back hurts as it is with the extra weight etc.

sorry im just moaning today just worrying abit as i need to start organising benefits etc as im not entitled to anything from work as only been there since october.
if anyone can help with where i start with benefits will be very grateful. xxxx

even if you aren't entitled to statutory maternity pay, you are entitled to maternity allowance. it's exactly the same amount of money, but doesn't have the condition of having to work for a certain length of time. and i think you claim straight from government/ job centre rather than your employers.

xx

aww its not nice it your work is to tuff, i tihnk your doing the right thing if u can afford it!

dont no much about what u can get if you dont get it threw work thought sorry an good luck x

Can you ask your work to put you into a different less physically demanding role on a temporary basis? It sounds like tough work, and I know how bad I feel with my back let alone doing manual work as well. Approach your boss, the worse he will say is no and your in the same position as you are now. Hopefully, they will have a more suitable role for you given your current condition. GOOD LUCK hun

i do quite a manual job (care assistant) and im leaving on the 30th april, gota admit it is hard and im having physo threapy as i got spd :( i feel ur pain!! but the girls are right you can get sat mat pay from the job centre :)

thanks all. im only leaving on 12th april as i have to take my holiday 1st. my maternity doesnt start until 23rd may so only a month before. xxx

Hey hun!

Sorry to hear you are struggling with work - I don't envy you tbh I suffer with backache and I sit at a desk all day lol

Shame your company has not changed your job to a desk job....it's not very nice of them.

Just think tho...not long now until you are finished x

I'm planning on going really early too (20 April will be my last day), that's if they let me take my hols before. I'm going though because I really hate hate hate my job and everything that goes with it & am desperate to leave! Not ideal money wise really but doable & Hubby is fantastic & said do whatever makes me happy. Can you change your dates at all? If you said you were really struggling perhaps? X

:hugs: its a pity your employer cant be a bit more accommodating . But if your really struggling and you can do it then why not .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back