Work question

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by Linzie2012, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Linzie2012

Linzie2012 Well-Known Member

Last week I was asked to work 7 hours extra over 2 days, 5 hours on my day off & 2 hours early start.

I said yes & that ill have Wednesday off this week (tomorrow), they are now saying no has not enough cover, when there is & we have survived on less staff before now.

Can they do that ?

2. DiddlePlumbs

DiddlePlumbs Well-Known Member

They wouldnt hesitate to do it where i work but that was before i was pregnant... i think its quite unreasonable to ask you to give up your day off, you need time to rest!

3. Jodie_2013

Jodie_2013 Well-Known Member

Yes hun you've Done them a favour at the end of the day. As long as your doing your contracted hours they cannot make you do anything.
    I'd speak to HR or your manager. Not having enough cover is not your problem, it's theirs. X

4. Chrispin

Chrispin Well-Known Member

I agree with Jodie, as long as u have worked ur contracted hours thats all you need to do. Rest is important x

5. Linzie2012

Linzie2012 Well-Known Member

Yeah I've done my hours, it was the manager that said no & HR is the MD that will agree with manager.

After a push I've now got it off tomorrow. Thanks for the advice