Being signed off sick from work?

tots hope

Reaction score
Last week i wasn't feeling myself (very breathless and extremely tired - sleeping normal hours of the night but also about 4 hours during the day).

I went to the doctors and they sent me for blood tests (due to get results back on tuesday.) I will have been off work for a week but i don't feel my normal self and unsure about going back to work. Im not sure if i should go to the doctors tomorrow and try and get signed off for a a few more days (need to produce a sickness certificate afer 5 days off work).

There is nothing physically wrong with me just very tired. Im not sure if this is a good enough excse to bother the doctor again? Any thoughts?

Your symptoms sounds very similar to anaemia. I have had the same thing this week, but I have been taking iron tablets and I am beginning to feel a bit better.
I would definately go back to the doctor, your tiredness could definately be down to something other than just being tired. If you are still tired and breathless you need more time off of work . You can't be expected to do your job if you are not feeling up to it.
Hope you are feeling better soon honey :hug: :hug: :hug:

Do the docors just sign you off work or do you have to go back in a few days to see how you are doing? Never been signed off work sick so this is all new for me!

I have not been signed off sick during pregnancy. However, when I had some depression lafter my MC last year, I went to the doc and just asked if he could sign me off for a week so that I could sort myself out. He obliged.
I think as long as you have a valid reason (which you do as he has conducted tests) he/she will be happy to sign you off.

Ok well i will take the erly trip to the GP in the morning and se what they say. Feel bad being off work but as people keep telling me its not just me who i need to concentrate on. Will see what the GP says, thank you x x x

tots hope said:
Do the docors just sign you off work or do you have to go back in a few days to see how you are doing? Never been signed off work sick so this is all new for me!

You need to see your GP to sign you off. I'd phone and ask your surgery what their policy is. My GP would always ask to see someone. I've no idea if they will sign someone off unless they go in and see them, even if you were there last week.

Im sorry to hear you our feeling tired having no energy sucks!!!!!!!! :(
I hope your test results turn out ok and you feel better soon. :pray:
I defo ask doc to give you more time off working will just make you fee even worse and take you even longer to feel beter.
Big hug from me :hug:

tots hope said:
Ok well i will take the erly trip to the GP in the morning and se what they say. Feel bad being off work but as people keep telling me its not just me who i need to concentrate on. Will see what the GP says, thank you x x x

Good luck :hug:

hope it goes ok tommorrow, I was signed off alot - thankgod I finished work now but I was soooo tired I just couldnt stay awake so I stayed home for a few weeks to re-couperate :sleep: :sleep:

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back