Help

Sully2012

Reaction score
I'm sneaking into tri3 2 days early as need some advice. I am due 16 March and planned to take my maternity from the second week in feb so 4 weeks before my due date. I work at the local hospital in an office so it's not manual. My boss is a nightmare over kids, if anyone struggles with day care and have to phone up for emergency holiday then she plays a guilt trip. She said to me a few weeks ago that I seem to have a lot of dr and midwife appointments (I have polycystic kidneys so keeping a close eye on me). Yet she takes whole Mornings or afternoons off to take her dog to the vets as he has eye problems!!! Anyway the question I have is how late did u work? A lady in our office has gone on long term sick and the last week of feb the other lady I work with is due to take annual leave so my boss has asked me to consider taking my maternity leave the first week in March so my colleague can have her annual leave, otherwise work will have to cancel it. As nhs so tight they not replacing me they just asking the part time office worker to do more hours. I feel ok in myself, but that late on did or are any of u lady's still working? My boss has made me feel like I should do it as he stated "well you will get a year off after that" x

Oh bless her does it mean she might actually have to do more work? :roll:

Personally I would stick to my plans just to piss her off but that's just me lol xxxxxxxxx

Nah stick to your guns and go to your own timetable. You have a pregnancy deadline pretty much set in stone it's unreasonable for her to ask that of you.

It's up to you when you go on maternity leave!! Your boss has no right to do that. If it means your colleague doesn't get their annual leave, that's just tough shit. Do they tell people they can't go off on the sick because someone's on leave? I didn't think so. Maternity leave is the same as sick leave. How rude of them!! xx

Stick to your guns! They shouldn't be guilt tripping you like they are!! I've got 4 weeks to go and I know I wouldn't feel like working I get that uncomfortable and tired so quickly so I don't think you would feel like working up till pretty much 38 weeks, not to mention anything could happen really from 37 weeks if not earlier!

I agree you should take whatever you want - but if you are worried about working relationships if you say no how about paying lip service to it, and say no problem, I will work up till March and then mid feb go off sick!

If your colleague has had her leave approved already I don't think they are able to cancel it just because you start maternity leave.

Stick to what YOU want hunny x

Id say your boss is being an ass!!! - but if the person who's gonna lose time off (dunno if they are properly allowed to do that!) is someone you'd normally get on with it would be more like a favour to her, so personally i'd consider it if your feeling ok - but certainly dont feel pressured into it.

xxx

Oh my god I actually think that how your boss is acting is awful and illegal! They can not influence or make u try and change your plans to suit them. I worked up to 37weeks&5 days and really, really struggled with concentration and focus. Defo finish before 37 weeks my lovely and don't be bullied by your boss. I would go mad if they said to me "oh well u get a year off afterwards"....its not like thats all flippin paid leave. Double standards springs to mind there with your boss and their dog! Stick to your guns xxx

Personally if I was you I would stick to my guns, but it is your choice what you decide. Sounds like its just to benefit your boss. People work right up to their due date, I'm personally finishing 6weeks before but not sure if I will be returning hence finishing at 34wks. Hope you make the right choice for yourself and not to benefit others :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back