Woke up and suddenly terrified!

xshauna_bazx

Reaction score
Woke up this morning and for a minute i forgot i was pregnant lol. Then when i realised i started to get myself worked up about labour!!! I am so scared...i go from seeing a newborn to thinking i want my baby now to absolutely shitting myself! I know everyone is in the same boat but i can't shake it off! I mean kids have done this before so why couldn't i cope? i am so crap with pain :( sorry for the moan i am just so scared right now and as my due date is getting closer and the thought of the baby coming early is in my mind i just can't stop feeling like this. xxx

please dont worry about labour hun i know its scary not knowing whats going to happen or if you will cope, it really is a different kind of pain its not like an headache or toothache and by the time you are full term you will proberly have that many aches and pains you will welcome labour :) and if you feel you cant cope with the pain then thats what the pain relief is for you can always have an epidural if you feel you need it a woman body is amazing at what it can achieve all i can say is trust in your body and abilities and try some relaxation as i honestly do believe the more you relax the easier labour is your baby is going to go through it all with you too and its her 1st time(not that she will do it a 2nd time lol) you will both be working together to bring her into this world so your not alone your daughter will be helping you, the 1st time she gazes up at you and you look right into her eyes she will melt your heart xxx

Great advice from midnight. The unknown is scary and even the known! But your body really does cope and it is def a positive kind of pain not like being ill or hurting yourself, its amazing how quick you forget when your handed your beautiful baby. Something I always keep at the back of my mind is women wouldn't keep having more kids and putting themselves through it if they couldn't cope. There is so much great pain relief and relaxation techniques out there that will def help to keep you in control and calm making your labour quicker and easier. Have you stayed fit during your pregnancy as well? Things like swimming and pregnancy yoga could really help your body prepare for labour too.

Awwww hun, sorry you feel like that.

I know I have a fair way to go but the way I think about is, there is no point me getting myself worked up to the point of sh1tting myself as no matter what happens, the baby has to come out of me! I will have to push and experience pain or I may have to be cut open or forceps or god knows what, but the way I think of it is as an adventure, it's the last adventure of this crazy pregnancy journey in order for my little one to be here! And I try and focus on all the build up which will be really exciting - ringing my hubby and saying my waters have broken and ringing my Mum and saying "We need to go to the hospital - the baby's coming!" and getting to the hospital and getting a little room and just everything about it as you only give birth to your first baby once, so as scary as it is, just try to find some excitement in it too x x x

Yeah your all right... think it gave me a shock being in the labour ward the other day. Felt so strange! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back