Actually quite terrified now :S

LaurenMM

Reaction score
Bit random and strange but I've just realised I'm going to be a mom in 12.5 weeks :O and I'm scared!!!

I've never even held a baby properly, let alone changed a nappy or fed one. And... I'm embarassed to admit this but when I playing with my OH's cousins baby, he was sat on the living room floor and I was just patting his little back. I didn't even realise he wasnt strong enough to support himself... I looked away for literally 2 seconds and he rolled forward and full on headbutted the floor. He wasn't hurt and OH's cousin found it hilarious, as did everyone else, but I just think its my fault I hurt a little baby even if it was an accident :(

Just so scared I'm going to be a crap mom :( I don't have the best relationship with my own mum unfortnately and I feel extremely let down by her and not close with her anymore.... Will I turn out the same? Will I let my daughter down? Don't get me wrong I'm still so so happy and so looking forward to it I'm just scared :( :S

xx

You will be a wonderful mum Hun! I am the same I have ko experience with babies but we all have to start somewhere x

Awww hun, not having a good relationship with your mum, will make you more determined to make sure you have a great relationship with your LO my friend has been to hell & back with her mum & its made her determined that she will not put her kids through that.
As for being a crap mum, trust me hun, once LO is here, natural mummy instincts kick in! Try not to worry, your going to make a great mum :) x x x

There is a very good book out there called feel the fear and do it anyway, it is a self help book that will help you with realising you can do anything you put your heart in to, you can and will be a wonderful mummy xxx

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

it comes naturally, you just have to relax and be gentle. you'll see that you can do it easily once you have the baby in your arms.

Just the fact that you are already worrying about being a crap mum and the fact you were genuienly upset about your Ohs cousins baby bashing his head shows that you will be a great mum! its only natural to worry - i sometimes think il be a rubbish mum! havent been around babies since my brother was born 16 years ago!!
But seriously dont worry - any advise and help you need you will gt from classes at the hospital etc!

youl be fine!! xx

I know its easier said than done - but try not to worry. We all have to start somewhere - being the oldest of a huge amount of cousing I always though I knew lots about babies - but when my neice arrived I realised just how totally wrong I was.

Nikki's right - the fact that you are upset about that little baby - shows just how much you will care about your own, and if it help you are by far the first person to unitentionally "hurt" a baby (i mean that in a lose sense) - I once dropped my little cousin off a bed, then a couple of years later my mum let his little brother slide off her knee and he bashed his mouth off the coffee table - his mum was really good about it - especially when she saw the teeth marks in the table - we didnt know he had teeth at this point. My point is - everyone makes mistakes - but babys are tough little things.

When bubs arrives you'll know what to do - mothers instinct and all that.

xxx

Thanks so much for your advice girls. Just got myself a bit wound up I think lol I already care and love my little baby so much and I only want the best for her. My OH is the same - his Dad is not the best Dad in the world and OH is terrified he's gonna be a bad father. But I can already see he's going to be brilliant but I guess we all this fear when expecting but like most of you have pointed out its instinct and it'll kick in :)

xx

Awww hun, not having a good relationship with your mum, will make you more determined to make sure you have a great relationship with your LO my friend has been to hell & back with her mum & its made her determined that she will not put her kids through that.
As for being a crap mum, trust me hun, once LO is here, natural mummy instincts kick in! Try not to worry, your going to make a great mum :) x x x

Exactly what i was going to say :) :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back