wish me luck for tomorrow,**UPDATED*

mum2A&L

Reaction score
I’ve got my physio appointment tomorrow. I’m not letting them fob me off telling me it’s normal. I’m sorry but this is not normal!!! No idea what they are going to do, but I need help! It’s stopping me doing basic things like getting out of the bath without being in pain.

And on Wednesday I’ve got a consultant appointment. I’m quite scared about that as for the last few nights my feet have been itchy again. I’m not sure if it’s just in my head though... But I've woke my self up itching :think:

If I am going to get OC again, I could really do with it holding off just a few more weeks. I finish work at Christmas so I could do with not being signed off for that time (I recon work will make me start my mat leave early anyway, but I could do with lasting longer then I get money for longer after if you catch my drift).

:pray: :pray:

______________________________________________________________________________________

well, yesterday they confirmed they think i have SPD (but it is called pubic girdle pain or something now :think: ) which has been sparked off by my fall. Ive been given a list of do's and dont's (if anyone wants a scanned copy of this, drop me a pm :hug: ). Ive also been given a bump support for when im walking longer than 15-20 mins. Although it seems to be so tight on my bladder, i don't think i could wear it for too long without needing to wee!! They where fantastic though, they spent ages checking my movement, my hip, and even my back due to ongoing problems i have had with it since having alice.

They have said that they wouldn't expect it to completely go until Lewis is born, but it shouldn't get too much worse. If after 4 weeks it is worse, i need to go back and im to be given crutches :( fingers crossed, not overdoing it and following their instructions is enough to stop it getting worse :pray:

My consultant today went ok. They have taken some more bloods - including my normal 28 weeks batch. I should find out the results either by phone if the are worrying, or at my MW's next appointment on the 19th.

I asked if they will allow me to go naturally if all my bloods stay within the normal level, and they where unable to give me a definate answer. They suggested they didn't see why not, but i think i just need to take each day as it comes. If i show any signs of heading in the wrong direction then i don't think they would.... i think i just need to stay open minded.

However, ive got a huge lump under my arm from where they took my bloods today! its really sore :( no bruise yet, but im expecting a massive one. dam my deep veins :lol:

Hi

Hope everything works out ok for both your appointments.

I may be wrong but i thought that they could only make you start your mat leave the 4 weeks before your due date. Therefore if the dotors sign you off you are just off sick till the last 4 weeks. I hope i made sense there and if i'm wrong i hope someone corrects me.

Anyway hope your hip gets sorted tomorrow.

Grace xx

Good luck for tomorrow. I am also having a psychio appointment tomorrow... had my first two weeks ago. I saw a lovely nurse who gave me a great massage and showed me few exercises... must say that I am feeling much better now. Hope it works out for you too.. :hug:

good luck hun hope you get the answers you want :hug: :hug:

Good luck for both your appointments.
I had physio for spd but after my second appointment they said there was nothing they could do for me and if the pain continues after the birth then to go back and i can call at anytime for help but the exercises they gave me are a god send as well as the advice (such as have a shower instead of a bath which of course i dont listen to coz i cant stand up to long and baths are so much nicer, just make sure you empthy the water before you get out i also have hubby on hand to pull me out when i get stuck hehe) Also reccomended reflexolgy which is nice.

As for the mat leave i think it dependes on the company, i work for the NHS and there polocy is that if you are of leading up to your maternity then they will start you early (11 weeks before baby due) I was off from aug-october and went back the beginging of october then worked up untill middle of november and took all my holidays at once and start my mat leave on the 7th december, which is still ealier than i wanted to but it was better than being forced in to early matleave and losing my holidays,
Best check with your employer on there policies everywhere is different

Hope you get teh help you need
PAm xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111