Should I see the doc? Am I wasting time?

shadow

Reaction score
I’m after some advice.

I went to the doctors on Tuesday who advised me that I am suffering with carpal tunnel syndrome, and referred me to the hosp for a wrist splint, as it is causing me quite a lot of pain.

I picked up the splint today, and was wearing it this morn (as the hosp told me to try it in the day to see if it helps), however I found that it seemed to cut off circulation to my hand. I’ve taken it off, and am quite concerned about my arm. It was very red and swollen where the splint had been tight. My arm put me in mind of when I had a cellulitus infection a few years back.

I rang my doc to make an appointment but they had emergency only appointments, so I booked one. Now I’m worried that I’m going to be wasting the doctor’s time, and that he will tell me that it’s just the carpal tunnel and fluid retention. But I’m not convinced. The loss of feeling in my hand is really starting to concern me, and it’s painful, and really uncomfortable, like I have elastic bands around my hand. I’m only 32 weeks gone, so another 8 weeks of further loss of feeling- I won’t be able to cope, especially since I work in an office using a computer all day. Its got much worse since I whacked my elbow on Wednesday, it was just at night times, and sometimes I’d lose feeling in my middle finger during the day. But I’ve noticed a swollen area on my forearm, and now I’ve no sensation in my thumb, index and middle finger all day.

If I have to stop work because of this (I’m useless if I can use my hands in an office) they’ll start my maternity leave early, which sucks.

Do you think I’m right going to the doc, using an emergency app? Or does it just sound like typical carpal tunnel?

Help!

I've never had Carpal Tunnell Syndrome, but if I was in your situation I would definately see the emergency doc, I'd be scared! Maybe he could sign you off for a little while so you can rest your arm and then you wouldn't have to start Mat Leave early? It doesn't sound like your type of work is helping.
Sorry I'm not much help, but I hope you feel better soon :hug:

I'd go to see the doctor even if it is just to put your mind at rest but if it is causing you discomfort then you need to see one anyway.

Hope you get sorted

I think you should get t checked out just incase... Better safe than sorry. Might be nothing but you shouldn't leave it in my opinion. If you can't get an appointment, you could always try your local walk in centre.

Definately see your doctor.

Work can't force you to take maternity leave until 36 weeks - don't let them tell you any differently. So you can be signed off. Or if you prefer, get the doctor to sign you off part time.
:hug: :hug: :hug:

I think you have no choice but to see the doc, you can't carry on like that until Monday. Hope he can help, it sounds pretty horrible. :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back