Maternity Bras

crackers24

Reaction score
I've read that underwired bras are not good for milk production and they can inhibit certain factors that are important in the formation of milk. i dont think nursing bras and maternity bras are the same thing. Is it worth getting maternity bras or will non-wired bras do the same job.

Also, where can i get my bra size measured accurately, apart from Marks and Spencer?

I wore wired bras throughout pregnancy and then switched to nursing/non-wired straight after. It has made no difference to me at all. But if you don't wanna wear wired then non-wired should be fine.
I'm unsure on your question to get measured as i need to myself. My google it to see if i can do it at home.

Im sure when I was in tri 3 someone posted about ASDA wireless bras being cheep and great. Iv never tried em, but thats what I rmbr!!

You can get maternity/nursing bras, they are bras with no wire, that flap down to alow for boobie to pop out... so OK for now, and for when baby wants food...

I wore wired bra pretty much up till birth, then nursing bra's... but my boobs got so huge, I had to borrow a mates non-wired bra's... (Im usually a 32A/B, I bought, 32C nursing bra's thinking ima need room for the pad thing too, so that should be fine... until my milk arrived, and I burst out of 32DD - hurt like hell tho, I just wanted them to go away!! Now there smaller than when I started - Grrrrr)

crackers24 said:

Also, where can i get my bra size measured accurately, apart from Marks and Spencer?

You can be measured at Mothercare :wave:

I wore an unwired bra through my pregnancy....bramissimo are gud for measuring and fitting...you don't need a nursing bra till after the birth..there was a woman at oour hospital that fitted my bra but not sure many places have that

Just measured myself. I went from 32C to 34 D. Is that normal?

In my first 12 weeks of pregnancy i went from a 34B to a 34D, so you're normal. Watch out for after though! Lol. I'm feeding, and measured myself last night. Pre-preg i was 34B, now i measure 36E!!!

LisaJ1986 said:
I'm feeding, and measured myself last night. Pre-preg i was 34B, now i measure 36E!!!

OMG!!! Not looking forward 2 that.

I'm now a 32FF !!!!
Bravissimo are good for measuring x
I got my bras from la senza

Suzie and Faith said:
I'm now a 32FF !!!!

This is getting scarier by the minute :? I dont know why but i feel as though this enlarging process is painful. Is it?

Not painful, more shocking when you're trying to squash into them bras then adding the pads! Lol. I never even realised til i was struggling into them.

IF you wear a bra with wires in during pregnancy, go for one with a backsize one size bigger than pre-pregnancy to allow for the expansion of your ribcage. If the bra fits right, the wires should be nowhere near your milk ducts- just make sure the cup size is big enough though to make sure there's no cutting in (y'know, 4 boob syndrome!) and you'll be fine.

I was a 30FF before pregnancy and wore a 32G wired bra throughout pregnancy- switched to 32G maternity bras once LO was born.

PLEASE get measured at Bravissimo - in my experience not many places measure correctly- certainly not at M&S- I was a 34C in there! :think: Debenhams have always been ok though

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back