Wind help needed

twinkle84

Reaction score
Hi,
I am currently bottle feeding my baby aptamil formula and use tommy tippee bottles with first teat flow. Baby is lately really unsettled and seems as though he is in pain. He can be really settled and then just starts crying? also brings his legs to his tummy. I hate it, its making me really upset! Any tips or advice would really help. Obv I know to wind him and you can hear it all bubbling inside x

Try infacol. Helps bring the wind up and prevent colic x x

Started using cow and gate comfort milk, which helps colic and eases digestion, has helped my wee one loads, cant get the ready made cartons though.

Pretty sure Aptamil do the comfort milk too.

Amélie is transformed since switching over, maybe worth a try ?

Last edited:
Like the girls said! Infacol didn't work for us but colief was a life saver!!! Also putting slight pressure on LO's tummy can ease the discomfort. I used to put Ross on his tummy over my lap, or up on my chest and it seemed to help. Also changing position from upright to lying down and upright again can help. Aptamil caused a lot of consitpation for my wee guy so it might be worth trying a different formula if other things don't help! It's so difficult to hear those wee pained cries!

Hi hon,
I moved to dentinox and dr brown bottles and found a massive difference when feeding - where I used to dread feeding time I now love it. Hope things improve. X

Dr browns bottles really help x

Hi Megsmeadow, my son is also having constipation through Aptamil. The GP adviced me to add some water to his milk to dilute it as i m using cartons but its not much of help. Which milk did u shift to resolve the constipation problem. I heard from forum HIPP organic is light but have not tried it yet..as I am dreading changing formula might cause more problem for him..:( Plz advice

Hi Megsmeadow, my son is also having constipation through Aptamil. The GP adviced me to add some water to his milk to dilute it as i m using cartons but its not much of help. Which milk did u shift to resolve the constipation problem. I heard from forum HIPP organic is light but have not tried it yet..as I am dreading changing formula might cause more problem for him..:( Plz advice

Aptamil comfort is for constipation and colic. I used it for colic, so can't advise on how good it is for constipation. My HV told me to give zach pure orange juice diluted in water (one teaspoon oj to 5 teaspoons of water) for 3 consecutive days for constipation xxx

Thanks Zazu. I will give a try to Aptamil comfort milk... My son is only 4 weeks. Can I give him orange juice now

Thanks for all the advice. Mw told me to give him some boiled water before each day feed and this really helped him to poo. Will look into the aptimal comfort and the dr brown bottles, have heard of these before. Thanks again xx

Its not a bottle or anything like that, but I walked around with Paige in a moby wrap and she'd just burp her way to comfort :) Id advise anyone with a colicky baby to get one, brings up their wind sooooo well. x

Its not a bottle or anything like that, but I walked around with Paige in a moby wrap and she'd just burp her way to comfort :) Id advise anyone with a colicky baby to get one, brings up their wind sooooo well. x

Thanks for that, ive had a c section so still a bit sore, but its worth a try when im up to it. Thanks x

I had a section too, the midwife recommended the wrap (hence why I got it) as I couldnt push the pram :( I used it from 12 days after the section (only short distances though, urgh, c section pain is not fun)

Thanks Zazu. I will give a try to Aptamil comfort milk... My son is only 4 weeks. Can I give him orange juice now

Not sure, give ur HV a ring to check xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back