Wont bring his wind up! HELP !

angiemum2b

Reaction score
Hiya ladies,
I haven't been on for a while since having little Owen still getting used to being a new mum, so I feel abit cheeky just coming on for help and advice, but i'm struggling to get his wind up.

He is having a 4oz bottle but not bringing much wind up at all, and I know he still has wind because he's smiling & his eyes are rolling back when he's dropping to sleep. :roll:

Has anyone got any tips on positions to hold him in to make it easier for him ? ? :think:
i have tried infacol & dentinox but neither of them work. :(

Any advice would be so helpful. :pray:

We have the same problem with Charlie and he is now 8 weeks old and not much has changed really....doesnt burp but farts like a trooper :clap:

Were now using gripe water which is abit more effective but you cant use it until the LO is one month old but worth a try then. We find that Charlie is the worst for wear after his 5am ish feed when I put him back in his moses basket he spends a couple of hours grumbling in his sleep (makes funny horse winny noises-hope that makes sense) even if he did a burp when I winded him. Have spent hours before now trying to wind him!

The technique I now use is to give him a few pats half way through his bottle just to move the milk down, let him finish the rest, give him 5 minutes to let it all go down then sit him on my knee and repeat.....50 pats, 50 up and down rubs, 50 clockwise rubs, also keeps me awake as the rhythm of the patting sends my husband to sleep whilst I sit on the edge of the bed with Charlie! Hit and miss as to whether he burps but I can feel asured that I had a bloody good go at it :dance:

Try carrying him in a sling during the day. Being upright helps with wind and also when carried, babies rarely suffer from colic.

You could also try some gentle baby massage in between feeds. Lay your baby on its back on a warm towel, preferably with no nappy on. Take her/his feet and gently, very gently push them back towards his/her bottom until the knees are bent over the chest/tummy. Do this a couple of times with one leg, then the other, then both together. Then let them kick their legs for a minute and repeat. Then you could do some gentle anticlockwise circles on his/her tummy with the palm of your hand (a little almond oil may help) - go no higher than the bottom ribs though.

Hope it helps.

i used to sit ruben upright on my lap, then lean him forward and pat his back. if he didn't bring it up then i'd rock him gently back and forth in this position; lay him back then slowly sit him up.

now the minute i sit him up after a feed he does a good "man-burp"!

Hi Angie

I found the best way of bringing Olivia's wind up was to hold her up under her arms - like Jo says when they are upright it helps to bring up the wind.

If Olivia was suffering from trapped wind I used to rub her tummy in a clockwise motion and then lay her along my forarm on her head in my hand on her tummy.

HTH

Lucy

We used to do the same with Damien, Lucy, hol dhim up under his arms and then sit him down and it came up. Keep him sat upright too for half hour after the feed like a reflux baby, should help the wind come up easier. Holding Damien over my shoulder and rubbing for 5-10 minutes works a treat now. He belches like a good'en!

Oh thanks ladies for your advice I'm gong to give them a try, something has to work. :pray: :pray:

It's amazing how many other mums still struggle with there lil ones to get wind up! :shock:

Ok this sounds extreme but it's what my midwife advised.

Zara was a nightmare so I used to hold her in the cradle position and lean over so she was upside down and then stand up again (difficult to explain actually).
I was told to think of it like a bubble of air in a bottle and how that air could move up and out.

That wasn't helpful was it? :?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back