Help needed with Bottles, Desperate, please help??

littleem

Reaction score
My lo is 8 weeks old, when she was born and up until around 2-3 weeks old she was on tommee tippee bottles and taking them great with a good amount of milk, but since then she started falling asleep during feeds as she was struggling to get milk out, making that funny squeaking sound, so she had loads of wind afterwards and was never settled.

We have tried so many different bottles to get the right flow of teat and to stop so much wind, but cant seem to manage this

1) i am worried keep changin bottles is messing her about??

2) Any ideas of what we can try next, i just want her to be settled beause whenever she tries to sleep she is being woken up with wind pains?

have you tried changing the teat as opposed to the bottle? She may need a bit of help with a faster flow teat...

Have you taken her to the docs to get her checked out? She may have oral thrush or sommat like that so it will hurt her to suck which is why she may be struggling.

If she used to be fine but is now having problems feeding i would always recommend taking her to you GP to get a once over just to rule out anything like thrush.

:hug:

Out of curiosity when you were using the Tommee Tippee bottles did you check the valves on the teat? Exactly the same thing happened with Becky - sucking seemed like an effort and you could see the only time air was going back into the bottle was when she let go of the teat. It turned out that the end of the valves on some of the teats were stuck together. She would get frustrated and either gulp air (causing wind like you mention) or give up and fall asleep.

It's a long shot but it really sounds exactly the same as what happened to us.

We use the Tommee Tippee bottles and had to move Jacob onto the medium flow teats at 8 weeks for the same reasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back