Help needed

bigun77

Reaction score
Hi all, new to forum. had my beautiful little girl in december, shes 8 weeks old now and is exclusively breastfed. i am trying to combine feed and have attempted to feed 1 bottle of formula a day (c&g with tommy tippee bottle), she just wont accept the bottle, ive changed the teat to a variflow and changed to sma today but no joy, she goes crazy, should i just perservere or quit for while and try again in a few days??? any help/advice greatly appreciated.

or is there a certain bottle that would be better???:wall2:

Hi, welcome to the forum.
My LO won't take the bottle either, you might have left it too late but keep trying every day, when she's not already grumpy. Have you tried expressed milk as well? I've got a meleda calma bottle which works the same way as a boob but they are £15 each and my son still wont take it! Get someone else to feed her too and sometimes feeding in a different position to breastfeeding can help. If this still fails you can get a tiny cup which they kind of lap while you hold it.

wss^ I found when Lizzie was little she would only bottle feed when I wasn't around (she could smell boobie!) and when it eventually got to me doing it, I'd have to sit her on my lap facing away from me.
I did have better success with medela calma bottles but it is a lot to spend out.

Also does your girly take a dummy? I found sometimes giving lizzie the dummy and sneakily swapping it for a bottle worked too :)

Sorry to butt in , hope you don't mind but just read this and thinking, cos I wanna bf only, but if I never give a bottle what if he stays with his Nanny and won't feed from bottle! Do I have to give a bottle occasionally?

Kayelle I was worried about that as I had a weekend away booked for when Lou was 4 months and needed to know she'd take a bottle! But looking back on it, I kinda think she would've been ok taking milk from a beaker for the weekend by that age, so half wished I'd never introduced a bottle.

Hi

As the other girlies said keep trying hun! You'll see from my posts that I've tried every bottle and teat going and just this last week LO has started to take a bottle! She will only take from daddy though and I have to vacate the room as she can smell boobie as the other girls said!

Keep trying hun....it took us 4 months xx

Sent from my sparkly new 4s!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back