Will MW do a check??

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by Lilmoomin, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Lilmoomin

Lilmoomin Well-Known Member

I am 5 days away from my DD, the last few days I've had a fair bit of pain and pressure when I've been out and about! However yesterday I noticed my stomach tightening and getting cramps in the lower stomach area! I'm hoping this is a sign. I'm going to mention it at my midwife appointment today, do you think she will examine me to see if I am dilated yet?? But saying that, she really struggled to squeeze me in today :/
    I really wanna know if its the start of things or if this little lady is just teasing me!

2. Lilelephant

Lilelephant Well-Known Member

I would ask she can only say no babe! Xxxx fx for u

3. Hunnie

Hunnie Well-Known Member

I'm going to ask as well today when I go to talk about my blood results. Been getting increased tightenings but nothing that really really hurts :( unless I just have a high pain threshold :/? X

4. Lilmoomin

Thanks Laura. Sadly I didn't get an internal examination, midwife said she couldn't because i'm under consultant care still and i'm not quite 40 weeks! However she told me that Lilli is engaged! Yay!! Although I found it quite painful when she was examining me!! She said fingers crossed Lilli isn't teasing us and the signs are real!! I hope so cos I don't wanna go back and see the consultant again next Friday :( How did you get on Hunnie?? X x

5. Hunnie

Hunnie Well-Known Member

They've done a sweep and given me an induction date! Scary stuff :(! I had actually completely forgotten to ask about being checked at the appointment and it was the MWs who started instead! Xx

6. Hunnie

Hunnie Well-Known Member

Fingers crossed your baby behaves xxxx

7. Lilmoomin

Thanks hun, fingers crossed yours decides to make an appearance soon so you don't have to be induced x x

8. Hunnie

Hunnie Well-Known Member

I really hope so!! Xxx