MW Appointment - unable to do sweep :(

LaurenMM

Reaction score
Just got back from the appointment and she saw in my notes from when the doc examined me my cervix is posterior and closed and she said that sweeps are really painful when the cervix is like that and she really didnt wanna hurt me she said. But I was adamant and she finally agreed to examine me again and see if anything had changed, she said if it hadnt she wasnt gonna push it. Fair enough I though but she examined me and she could barely even reach my cervix and when she finally did it was painful to be honest so she said she was unable to do it :( so I've just gotta hope I go into labour before induction. Even if I dont I suppose its not so bad just really wanted to do everything I could before having it :( She did say that the examination might kick something off but she doubted it. She just advised me to try all the old wives tales basically lol. Me and OH are going shopping tonight and for some food so I'll be walking and I'll force some spice down haha :p xx

Sorry to hear it didn't go well hun :hug: do u have an induction date?x

Yeah its 10/11/11 so I know I havent got long to wait, just didnt really want an induction and was looking forward to possibly getting a sweep to try and move things along. x.

Dont worry it will happen eventually and then you will be wishing you wasnt in labour!

Have a read of I.love's birth story her induction went really well!
And if they induce u on 10/11/11 maybe she will be born on 11/11/11!

sorry it didnt go well hun, but from reading other stories on here things can change really really quickly. My cousin went for an appointment on her due date, couldnt do a sweep and was told she was ages away from having her baby: she went into labour that night and had her baby the next morning!

Sorry it didn't go as you wanted it to. You never know what tomorrow brings so keep your hopes high and you will have little one with you soon.

On a side note, if she is born on the 11 November, I will be jealous, that's the best birth date ever :D

Haha my OH really wants her to come on 11-11-11 suppose it would be pretty awesome. I know things can change any time, just when you're close to and/or past your due date the only thing u wanna hear is "it'll happen soon" and I know it can happen whenever really, think I was just feeling a bit sorry for myself lol gonna keep my chin up and adopt a new attitude me thinks, after all I'm only one day past my due and my induction is already booked, so whatever happens she'll be here by next weekend - I just need to be grateful for that and stop moaning lol xx

Sorry it was unsuccessful babe, I know exactly how u feel.....dont think my second one tomorrow will be successful at all!.........It's quite fine to moan because it is dissappointing and no matter how much u know LO will be here soon it is hard to accept when u have gone past your dd and nothing is happening.......u have my full sympathy and I will keep everything crossed that u have her before the induction! xxx

Sorry to hear that :( get going on the old wives tales instead ;) x

Thanks mum2b - I really hope things get moving for you too hun xx

Cheers hun......even if they can't do sweep tomorrow I am gonna have a chat about delaying induction as I really don't trust my dd and don't think that I will be 42 weeks on sunday.......if they think it's a problem i'll accept it but if they are happy to monitor me I'm thinking I will hold off for a bit longer.....seems crazy but I think my body would stand more of a chance of doind something or at least be more receptive to induction and therefore less distressing for LO if I was close to labour if that makes sense. Do u think u will just accept induction at 10 days over? Or u gonna ask to wait if she still isn't here then? xx

That's a shame, maybe some of the old wives tales will work for you before the 10th but 11/11/11 would be a great birthday and not that far away now xx

Such a shame it couldn't be done for you. Bodies are weird and wonderful aren't they! I have the same position as u in regards my cervix so might be in your shoes in a few weeks I baby doesn't arrive on time. U r literally on final day countdown, that has to be good!

Sorry to hear that the mw could do a sweep hunny but things can change really quickly.
Apart from the first failed induction, which sounds like it was a bad batch of gel, i wouldnt say that induction was any worse than a normal labour, contractions seemed slightly stronger but that could of been the wait difference between my 2 little people x x

Please don't feel downhearted hun, I was overdue and the midwife tried a sweep on the Sunday but had the same problem, cervix was way back and she couldn't reach it. There were absolutely no signs of anything happening for me, no bh or pains. I was booked for induction on the Staurday. Then at 5am on the Thursday morning out of nowhere my waters broke and I was in labour that night! My beautiful wee angel was born at lunchtime the next day! So don't lose faith, it could happen at any time! Good luck, I hope it happens for you soon xxx

I think all the nov mums will be jealous of the 11/11/11 date!!

Cheers hun......even if they can't do sweep tomorrow I am gonna have a chat about delaying induction as I really don't trust my dd and don't think that I will be 42 weeks on sunday.......if they think it's a problem i'll accept it but if they are happy to monitor me I'm thinking I will hold off for a bit longer.....seems crazy but I think my body would stand more of a chance of doind something or at least be more receptive to induction and therefore less distressing for LO if I was close to labour if that makes sense. Do u think u will just accept induction at 10 days over? Or u gonna ask to wait if she still isn't here then? xx

I know what you mean hun, you know your own body at the end of the day :p Oh I'll definitely still have the induction cuz even though I would've preferred her to come on her own I still want her here one way or another. I know this sounds silly but I feel like my family have put a lot of pressure on me too :( originally they were just gonna wait until she is actually born to come over so there'd probably wouldve been a weeks break between having her home and them coming to visit, which suited me fine because I wanted to get used to having her around and me and OH bonding with her. Plus OH didnt want me or her getting stressed with too many people. Now theyve suddenly decided they're flying over next Saturday for 3 days. Hopefully she'll be out by then surely but what if shes not and what if I'm still in hospital? I really wanted that break between having her home and seeing people but doesnt look like thats gonna happen unless she arrives before induction date :( I know I should just put my foot down but I dont get on with my mum or sister and I know they're the kind of people who will go in a strop if I say this, rather than just accepting it. Honestly, all the typical problems you associated with MIL's I have with my own mum - my in laws are much more understanding believe it or not lol.

Not trying to sound like a total bitch but my sister is laziest person ever. Even though she's a guest and only been here twice she'll just lie down and fall asleep on our sofas, taking up all the room, asking me or OH to make her a drink etc. She doesnt work or anything and shes only 19! She wont offer to help clean up or anything and hijacks the remote control and puts whatever she wants on our tv and to be honest last time she was here she paid more attention to my new kitten rather than seeing me :(

God, sorry for the rant gone completely off subject there, think I just needed that off my chest :p xx

lol, quite alright hunny! I can understand where you're coming from, it's hard when people put pressure on u, in particular family! I would say stand up to them and tell them how u feel but not being particularly assertive myself I know that that's really hard to do!

I've not long been back from day unit- unable to do sweep again, as I suspected, so altho OH and I haven't def decided yet it looks like I'm having induction on Sunday. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back