Wierd food likes and dislikes

star fish

Reaction score
I feel less like I'm getting cravings and more like I'm going off stuff.

I've gone off pickled onions and onto olives.

I cant eat anything milk based suddenly. I feel like I have the taste of gone off milk in my mouth all the time. So I'm avoiding cheese, cottage cheese, milk, even creamy pasta sauces or dressings. Even butter is a bit hit and miss. What is that all about?

On the flip side I cant stop eating nectarines (the constipation is totally a thing of the past after 5 nectarines - sorry tmi) and plums, apricots, apples and bananas in between.

And most wierd I cant get enough of the new sour fruit pastilles. Hubby brought home 3 bags last night to last me and i'd eaten all three in minutes. He was v cross! And right now I've just eaten a family bag of salt and vinegar chip sticks.

Is it just me?

Just today I can't seem to stomach anything but sour pastilles :-(

Strawberries. I've done about 3kgs past two weeks.

I'm so like you with the cravings, totally off anything milk and cheese based was even eating my cereal dry for a few weeks! All I eat is fruit and salads, watermelon is my biggest weakness, have to go round a few places to get it sometimes! Try sour skittles, if you like sour, they are great and appletize!

I'm so like you with the cravings, totally off anything milk and cheese based was even eating my cereal dry for a few weeks! All I eat is fruit and salads, watermelon is my biggest weakness, have to go round a few places to get it sometimes! Try sour skittles, if you like sour, they are great and appletize!

Good tip, I'll try the sour skittles if i can find any

I went off everything which made food shopping an absolute nightmare!!! I do remember craving cheese and onion crisp sandwiches with salad cream and blueberry muffins! Mmmmmmmh! Yum yum yum!

I was the same star fish, went off everything, especially dairy and have the awful taste. I went through a stage of eating any kind of fruity sweets like haribos, fruitella, chewits and made sure i had some at home, in my bag and in my car. I think cause i was hardly eating i craved the sugra for energy. Now all i am really managing is filled pasta with pasatta sauce, bland but filling. And last night i made a delicious batch of american style pancakes which i then covered in maple syrup and butter mmmmm. I'm planning on making some more this afternoon.

Last edited:
I have gone off anything cheese which is weird because I used to love it. I physically can't stand cheese and onion crisps anymore even though I used to love them. I've become really, really fussy with a lot of food and half the stuff I was eating regularly a few months back, I really can't stand! I'm loving ready salted and salt and vinegar crips atm and salty Mcdonalds fries lol, not very healthy! x

Glad its not just me with the cheese thing. I wish i could get the gone-off-milk taste out of my mouth. No matter what I eat I can taste it. YUK

I've also totally gone off anything dairy, even milk in my coffee or tea. Which did concern me as I'm not giving bubs any calcium. I've also gone off anything fatty or fried, the thought of a burger could literally make me heave night now.

I'm really craving salty or sour things though. So crisps, pretzels, fruit (especially apples, kiwi and grapefruit), fruit iced lollies and sherbet lemons. I also went through a stage of wanting ham and crisp sandwiches on crispy bread rolls. The roof of my mouth was so sore after a few days of those so I'm glad that's passed now.

I couldnt keep anything but Haribo down at the beginning after my morning/all day sickness subsided... Put a proper meal infront of me and id be running to the loo... a bag of Haribo, peanut would let me munch on them all day and not give me grief :)

Havent got any cravings or gone off food as such but I could be starving and once I start eating I fee full and cant finish my meal.
Eating alot more fruit tho which I hope is helping to balance out all the junk I seen to be nibbling on!

Still haven't eaten chicken!! It's been over 30 weeks now! Just can't stomach the thought of it x

Have eaten whole box of coco pops in 4 days, but have totally gone off all other food. Miserable. :(

Just a quick update - I've eaten an entire block of Bavarian smoked cheese in the last 24 hours. So maybe that's a new craving!

Loving anything 'fresh' tasting atm- fruit, veg, salads etc. Completely gone off sausages, jarred curry or sweet and sour sauces, and tea or coffee. I am getting that awful feel sick all the time thing- I feel awful if I get too hungry, but as soon as I sit down to eat I feel full and sick! Not fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back