I can't tell what I'm allowed to eat - help!!!

Curly

Reaction score
Hi all I'm after some help please.

I know all the usual stuff about not eating unpasteurised cheese etc but what I'm struggling with is things like jars of sauces in Sainsburys etc.

For example, I looked at a low fat cheese sauce in Sainsburys. It said it had hard cheese in and soft cheese both made form cows milk but didn't say if it was pasteurised or not. Do they have to say if it's unpasteurised? Can I assume that it's ok unless it says otherwise?

Help!!

if its in a jar hun its usually been through some sort of process to preserve it which would normally mean its ok try not to worry too much xxx

That would be fine :) Main things to avoid are cheeses like stilton/brie/camembert. Cheese sauce in a jar would be fine :)

Yes its more in fresh foods you need to be aware.

Also they say to avoid:

Liver :puke:

Shellfish

Peanuts (if you have a family history of allergies especially)

Products containing raw egg

Vitamin A

And any other foods that can be high risk to eat

Quick question too...... can I eat goats cheese? I've already given up brie (heartbreaking) and LOVE goats cheese, its been hard already not eating it, and wondered what you thought?

I have been eating Feta cheese which is made from Goats milk and have been told that is fine so I dont see any probs!

Woohoo! You've made my day - I'm off to get some goats cheese - Thanks jaidybaby :cheer:

I think hard cheese made out of goats milk is ok but avoid the soft ones.
I'm a cheese freak myself and am really beginning to feel the strain. Will maybe pack a wheel of stilton in the hospital bag :think:

Nice one. Don't think I could have made it til March without pasta and cheese sauce and there's no way I've got the energy to be bothered cooking cheese sauce from scratch at the minute (I always burn it anyway!!).

Really really missing pate though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back