why offer??

nmf1987

Reaction score
ok rant time. going to sound ungrateful but this time i dont care.

just been talking to sil and her and mil were going to buy babys mattress for his cot bed. well she just told me that they were thinking of getting it when he's at least 8 weeks old. right well im sorry but 1 when were you going to tell me this and 2 what happens if he doesnt like his moses basket which i have heard of a few times.

she said oh well you will want him in with you in a moses basket anyway what about cot death. erm not everyone uses a moses basket or crib you know. some people use a cot straight away.

it has really annoyed me as they have said from day one they will buy it and i have told them that i want everything there ready before his is born whether he will use it staright away or not. i worry too much and could do without extra worry about not having stuff. theyare struggling for money and sil is trying to move house (to a 4 bed which she doesnt need and cant afford) but why not just tell me they cant afford it. we havent got any money either but have still managed to buy the things we need.

my dad has bought the pushchair, bottle and sterliser set etc. my mum and stepdad have bought all the nuresery stuff and will be getting moses basket when it comes back into stock next week. again they havent got the money but wanted to get something for baby.

sorry told you i needed to rant. so annoyed. xxx

I'd just tell them that you would prefer to have it now. There is no greater risk of cot death whether they are in a cot or moses basket so that's no excuse.

Abigail is already in her big cot (in our room) as she doesn't like her moses basket. She likes to stretch out and kept hitting the sides which woke her up so we moved her into her cot and it's bliss :)

exactly. i did. hope i didnt sound horrible but i said to her that i will get it as i want it now incase he doesnt get on with his moses basket. want to know i have everything organised.

plus cot death like you say can happen in anything and is actually more common later on than at 1st. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back