Why is she doing this

Melly+2

Reaction score
Hope is getting very hard to handle, she wont eat her food and just throws it all over the floor and throws a tantrum when i tell her not to do it, she squeals and moans all the time and then i just start to get frustrated and end up raising my voice to her and start crying. Its like she really hates me and it hurts so bad, why is she being like this? :cry:

awww hun dont be silly, if i had a £1 for everytime i have shouted at Alastair cos he will not sit down and eat his dinner i would be rich, i think she will just be testing ur boundries its her age.

dont worry about it :hug:

i feel so guilty coz shes only 10 months old, feels like im just picking on her :(

Aww honey sounds like shes going through a tough stage, little madam hehe! Try and be patient and give her some time as im sure its just a phase and it will pass, dont take it personally as im certain she doesnt hate you hun your a wonderful mum :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hope, u behave 4 ur mummy!!

Hi Mel :wave:

Don't worry, they all go through that hun. They are incapable of hate at that stage, she doesn't hate you, you're a great mum.

You're prob all tired etc and you've been through a lot lately. You need time out for a little bit. Try not to get upset when Hope behaves like that. She's finding her voice, and they only have one weapon!

*HUG*

Feel better soon.

Sue

awww sweetie as annoying as it is its prob her age and her gettting frustrated coz she wants to be doing things she cant yet

if u feel urself stressed do wo i do make sure she is safe then have a two min time out :hug: :hug:

What sort of food is it? I suspect she is like Ellie is (and was at 10 months) getting a very independant little madam. :)

If it is puree type food, try giving her finger foods she can feed herself.

Is there somebody who can distract her, while you feed her, if Daddy is home he sometimes has to do all sorts of silly things so she watches him, and when she does this I can then feed her and she eats automatically.

I have just bought a couple of bowls from Tesco's which are really good as they have suction pads on the bottom, so that you can attached them to the tray and they can't throw them off, but they also stay still when they are trying to use the spoon themselves.

Another thing I found that helps sometimes is putting classical FM on the radio. Other radio stations don't seem to work but she enjoys listening to the music and doesn't get quite so fustrated about having to sit still and eat.

I hope something helps.

she has a mix of proper food to feed her self, (sandwhiches ect) and some times the jars if im in a rush and stuff, i was putting it down to teethin but shes finished i think now, maybe shes just being difficult :think: tthanks everyone

Hi

aww hun every child gets difficult at times its probably just a phase and she will be back to herself soon . :hug:

Mel&Hope said:
she has a mix of proper food to feed her self, (sandwhiches ect) and some times the jars if im in a rush and stuff, i was putting it down to teethin but shes finished i think now, maybe shes just being difficult :think: tthanks everyone

She probably is being difficult. Just ignore it. Lift her out the chair and remove her from the place where you are. Nothing gets them like not being in the thick of it.

I fJess wont come through for tea I just turn off the tv and go through. I tell her calmly that its on the table if she wants it and if she hasnt eaten it by the time meal time is over its going in the bin. I dont get cross, im very matter a fact about it (inside im praying she doesnt see through me).

With Joe, when he starts chucking it on the floor, for me thats his meal time over. He can leave the table too.

This might sound harsh but I do reward and praise them when they do. Im not entertaining that at meal times, and it does getr results. Most of the time...........

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back