Discipline?

Heulyn

Reaction score
Linzie is getting to be quite cheeky, sometimes quite naughty, and sometimes it's even quite dangerous for her (and others!)

She throws tantrums, bangs her head on the floor, kicks, yells and bites, and I just can't seem to think of any way to stop her!

We've tried taking her away from the situation, which results in us being kicked etc, we've tried ignoring it, which means she screams and throws herself around, and i'm just at a loss as what to do :/

As for changing her and getting her dressed... Well, I daren't change her in a public area, or in the same room as another person - anyone would think I'd kidnapped her and was trying to kill her or something, the way she gets on is unbelievable!

She's only one, I didn't think I'd have to worry about this until she was a little older!

So, I suppose my question is - WHAT DO WE DO ABOUT IT?
I've got no idea where to start :/

Thanks girls xx

*Sent from TapaTalk*SonyEricssonX10MiniPro*

Not looking forward to this stage! Trying to stay calm yourself is the main thing cos you probably start to feel stressed in anticipation of her performing! Keep talking in a quiet voice and carry on with whatever you are trying to do, changing, getting dressed etc

I take it you've tried distraction methods? And the usual really praising good and ignoring the bad behavior. A lot of it can be testing boundaries and attention at this age. They still find thier emotions really hard to communicate. It's a long time since my DD was that age and she could be quite temperamental too (red head lol!) I remember letting her have the tantrum, even in public then quickly moving onto something else to distract her. Main thing is to stay calm otherwise she will pick up on that. It's so hard, and embarrassing sometimes, I'm dreading going through that again with Kynon!

I try all sorts to distract her, sometimes that works, it can be hit and miss :/
I am doing my best to ignore the bad and praise the good, but it can be so hard at times :/

*Sent from TapaTalk*SonyEricssonX10MiniPro*

Hey there,
Owen is nearly 18 months now ans started MAJOR tantrums at 13 months. my gosh it was like this angry little boy just appeared! Anytime he couldn't get exactly what he wanted we'd have throwing himself on the floor, legs buckling, head thrown back, screaming etc. we ignored, distracted, praised good behaviour etc. they are better now, he still has them but now we just say ok do you need to lie on the floor and cry and usually lie him down and walk away and say, come and tell me when you have calmed down (harder to do in public) they last only second snow usually, they have got easier i think for us cos now he can understand much more and is beginning to be able to express himself much more too.

I think he is also getting a better grasp of his feelings, he stills gets very angry but now we can make him think he is making a decision - e.g. we ask him to put the nappy mat down where he wants us to change him, get his socks, wash himself etc.

its so hard sometimes!!!!

my lo has tantrums alot of the time and i just ignore him and walk away and he soon gets over it. he bites me quite alot, i tell him in a stern voice no that hurts and let him know its wrong, and i walk away, he usually follows and tries to hug me but i dont hug him until a few minutes afterwards! i will use the naughty step when he is a bit older but at the mo i dont think he will get it as hes too young to understand the principle of it.

as for nappy changes and getting him changed in general, its a nightmare too!!! i usually distract him as much as i can and try and get it over with as quick as possible!! i end up sweating like mad hes that strong!!!!!!

good luck, hpe it gets better for you asap xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back