Why have a line on ovpk's if its negative

Redshoes

Reaction score
This still bothers me, when you test with an ovpk, if there's a line that's as dark or darker than the control line its a positive, well, why does any line appear, faint or very faint etc if its a negative, what is the point :| The surge is either there, or not there, why the gray area :shock:

Thankyou for readin, I just often get annoyed at them, especially this cycle, they only gave me faint lines so I don't know if I'm on a 28 or 33 day cycle, but I'm not bitter :wall: :rotfl:

Babydust ladies :hug:

I think you get faint lines because there's always traces of the LH in your body/urine through out your cycle.

I've been having faint lines all through my cycle, not + yet and I'm on CD 25 :wall:

It's best not to rely on them totally go by your CM more than opks I'd say.

Good luck hun x

Bagpuss is right we always have some LH hormone in us, but when you think you are getting near to OV then you should really test once in the morning about 11ish and then again in the eveing about 6pm, making sure you don't have too much to drink an hour before you test as this dilutes the LH hormone. The reason for testing twice is that some women gat a surge but it doesn't last long so therefore you may miss it if you only test once in that day!!

To be really accurate you need to temp, look for CM and do the OPK's then when it is all together you should have no doubt when you OV.

Hope this helps x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back