why can't I stop worrying?!

Danielle77

Reaction score
My baby usually gives me really strong kicks. She also makes my stomach change shape etc. Yesterday and today, I'm hardly feeling anything. Don't get me wrong, when I prod, she kicks me but I don't usually have to prod. I listened to her heartbeat on the doppler last night and it sounded like it had an extra beat in it. I started panicking. I listened in again today and its fine. The midwives don't like that ladies have dopplers at home as they say it causes worry etc and we don't know what we're listening for. This makes me not want to ring up and get checked. If I can feel her moving when I prod and her heartbeat sounds normal to me, should I just relax? X

My mw told me not to use my Doppler because even if baby isnt well it's heart will still beat.

Ring them and say baby isnt as active as usual, I was told to ring if baby wasn't kicking as much as normal for him.

Call the hunny xx

If your worried ring the hospital! Seriously worth getting checked or at least some advice.

Yeah, you don't need to mention the Doppler, just say you've had reduced movements. Xxx

I agree with the other ladies - if you're worried and your lo isn't moving as usuall, ring the hospital!

Lots of luck!

xx

I'd give the mw a call just to make sure hun. xx

I agree with the other ladies - same advice given to me that if the baby is quiet for them then give them a phone and get it checked. Always better to put your mind at ease xxxxx

Thanks ladies - I decided I would give it until 6pm and sure enough, after a Sunday dinner at the MIL's, she's wriggling around like a little worm!!! Makes u feel so much better doesn't it?! X

Glad shes perked up. MIL must do a mean old dinner. lol

Glad she's moving around now :)

I called the midwife last week after feeling nothing all day, they told me to come in straight away (hospital) and I got there about 7pm and as soon as I was put on the monitor she was wriggling around and kicking so much, I couldn't believe it after feeling nothing all day and worrying so much... They did say its always best to just go in though to make sure everything's ok :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back