had my 28 wk check today

karen78

Reaction score
midwife came today fo my 28 week check. more bloods taking and listened to bubs heart beat and evrything great. only thing thats concerning me is i am measuring bigger than i should be. i was measuring 31 i always thought u measured usually the same amount of weeks that you are if that makes sense.

has anyone else had this?

Last edited:
hiya hun. ive had mine today but i was measuring 28cm and im 28wk 5days. didnt your mw say anything to you xx debbie

I wouldn't worry too much, your midwife wouldve mentioned something if she was concerned. I was measuring big for dates with my 2nd son, always 3cm more than normal and they weren't that bothered about it. As you get bigger it might even itself out a bit.

Hey Karen just thought id tell u about my pregnancy .....

Im 29 weeks today and im measuring 36 weeks haha. im bloody huge.

Been for a growth scan today and the baby is big by about 3 weeks so i have to go for anouther one in 3 weeks. Try not to worry hun in some cases it balances out. If they think it needs to be looked at they will send u for a scan hun.

good luck

xx

iv put 36 weeks and im measuring 34 hun sorry i mis typed so im measuring 5 weeks ahead

xx

midwife is coming back at 31 weeks to measure again. so hopefully will even out. she didn t seemed to concerned.
thanks everyone x

its only if your waaaaaay over or waaaaay under hun :)

let us know how ur next app goes chick.

xx

If it was anything to be concerned about, then your MW would have mentioned it. A lot of pregnancies measure ahead. I measured 3 weeks ahead in 3rd tri and was all braced for a big baby, especially as I went to 42 weeks. Niamh was 7lbs 11.5oz in the end! Turns out she was just long.

The fundal measurement is a VEEEERRRRYY rough estimate and to be 2cm either side is completely fine. I've meansured consistently ahead but growth scans show an average sized baby for me :)

remember - your body wont produce a baby you cant birth ;)

Mervs mum did you have a lot of growth scans hun?

Im measuring 34 weeks and went for my first growth scan on thurs, and got anouther in 2 weeks and then the doc at hosp said i will have them every 2-3 weeks to monitor her size, as from the scan she is 3 weeks ahead :eek:

The doc thought i was nearly full term im that big and uncomfy, obviously there testing for diabetes on monday and gotta go from there.....but just dunno what to think or expect lol can u help or advise me plzzzzz

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back